What's the overall plan - manager and squad?

How long do we give the next guy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long do you think it takes??

OGS did it straight away at united. they are much more mentally positive now.

I don't think silva has it in his locker. all hes done is make the players weaker.
I’m not disagreeing to a point, but if we’re going to appoint someone then give him a chance to prove if he’s good enough or not!

If we got rid of Silva now or the summer I’ve no idea who we’d go for who’s attainable, or not a gamble.

I see a lot of people saying we need to appoint the right guy!! Who actually is that??

I’m not disagreeing to a point, but if we’re going to appoint someone then give him a chance to prove if he’s good enough or not!

If we got rid of Silva now or the summer I’ve no idea who we’d go for who’s attainable.
nor me

but one thing im confident in is that silva will not turn up at a premier league club and get anywhere near the top 6

infact I think it will be the end of his premier league dream. the set piece stats alone will be the end of him. no other club will be willing to risk such a shambolic defensive manager

I've gone for option 2. I'm far from happy with things at present, but we can't keep sacking managers every season, it will end badly. I think we need to give Brands sufficient time to sort the horrendous squad we currently have, before we can properly judge any manager.

I'd vote at 1.5. Give him free reign until next Christmas barring a relegation issue.

It also depends on what players he has in his squad next year. There is a limit with what can be done with our squad in the preferred style of Silva. I presume that style matches with the long term planned style of the club under Brands, so that might also limit the need to change the manager if any replacement has to play in a similar style to predictably get the same kind of results.

I do think that we as a club (like most) would benefit from some stability. But he needs to get the fans and players on board with what he is doing.

Kind of the point of the thread. Who can we get and what's the plan with them and how long do you give them?

I see only Frank of those voting to sack every season have had a say.
Any manager that comes is a gamble, only the elite are not and they’re not coming (no harm in trying like)
You have to give them minimum 18months to 2 years providing were are not in any real danger. We need to stop knee jerking when we have a run of good or bad results. We all want instant success but the reality is, that’s not going to happen. Results is everything now but maybe long term progress can be underneath the results, I mean like creating a certain style of football from the kids to the first team, trimming the squad down to quality not quantity, lowering the age of the first team squad, slowly putting a team/squad together by just getting 2 players each window.

Is Silva the man for this I don’t know!

This thread is a season to late. What is the plan, or what should the plan be are two different questions. For me, what is the plan = build a ground and stay in the top flight and nothing more, this is where we are, not having it the club have top 6 ambitions right now

Or we just get the right manager to start with who doesn’t waste any money.

Who honestly is the right manager right now?

Is the right manager even out there, and if he is, how do we get him to come here?

Would he have enough financial backing to do what he wanted even if he did want the job? Or are we going to have another season where we can't offload the dead wood, meaning his hands will be tied from the off?

These are all the questions that Brands and Moshiri need to ask themselves before swinging the axe

Who honestly is the right manager right now?

Is the right manager even out there, and if he is, how do we get him to come here?

Would he have enough financial backing to do what he wanted even if he did want the job? Or are we going to have another season where we can't offload the dead wood, meaning his hands will be tied from the off?

These are all the questions that Brands and Moshiri need to ask themselves before swinging the axe

I don’t want Moshiri anywhere near the next appointment.

I'd vote at 1.5. Give him free reign until next Christmas barring a relegation issue.

It also depends on what players he has in his squad next year. There is a limit with what can be done with our squad in the preferred style of Silva. I presume that style matches with the long term planned style of the club under Brands, so that might also limit the need to change the manager if any replacement has to play in a similar style to predictably get the same kind of results.

I do think that we as a club (like most) would benefit from some stability. But he needs to get the fans and players on board with what he is doing.

I went for option 2 but this is what I would have voted if an option. Up your poll skillz @bicycleheader you bellend

Status
Not open for further replies.