What's the overall plan - manager and squad?

How long do we give the next guy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have an obsession with managers for some reason as being the ultimate cause for deficnecy.

Personally i think we dont have good enough players, or rather a poorly assembled team.

They have consistently proven it over two seasons now.

If you have a poor leadership at the manager level then nothing will be achieved moving the deck chairs around on the titanic.
We have hired poor managers and then threw money all over the place - Get the right manager

Silva can have 0 complaints if he is sacked. Absolutely none at all.

He had a full summer to get down to business (he actually had virtually the whole second part of last season to assess us from afar - he was obviously always going to join us). The fans at Goodison have been extremely patient this season, and I think most people will accept that a midtable finish isn't the worst return ever.

However, coupled with the absolutely dreadful Cup exits as well as some defeats to some real dross in this league is a proper disaster. If we finish less that 12th this season, I think he'll get the bullet.

I don't believe that a manager needs a cast iron guarantee that they get a season in charge no matter what. Ronald Koeman, as much of a disaster as he was, got us 7th easily with 61 points despite inheriting an absolute dumpster fire from Martinez.

He hasn't done enough and these 8 games are absolutely massive for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.