What's the overall plan - manager and squad?

How long do we give the next guy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
its going to be very costly until we find the right fella. simple as that.

step one, get rid of mediocre marco.

step 2 .. find us a manager with some credibility..

step 3 get behind the new manager who actually knows what he is doing.

The manager with some credibility wouldn't be a guarantee of success though....if we agree we haven't the money to get a top manager.

I understand not getting behind Silva as he hasn't shown enough in his career, but even a more credible Option 3 is going to need more patience. Would you sack them if they finish outside top 10 even though they have a better CV than Silva?

The manager with some credibility wouldn't be a guarantee of success though....if we agree we haven't the money to get a top manager.

I understand not getting behind Silva as he hasn't shown enough in his career, but even a more credible Option 3 is going to need more patience. Would you sack them if they finish outside top 10 even though they have a better CV than Silva?
if the new manager hasn't got stats the same as marco (number one in set piece conceding at 3 different clubs) and can actually organise the defense (first priority) and make us very hard to beat , I will back him for aslong as needed.

People are annoyed at results, i actually admire Silva and sticking to his philosophy.

The easy and probably materially benifical thing for him to do. Is abandon his expansive philosophy and do Allardyce on it, play pragmatically with a big blue wall and play for draws for the rest of the season or maybe nick one or two. Settle the natives.

Hes not doing that and that takes courage and bravery in your convictions. Its also building

Im willing to back him on that alone regardless of results, we're not going down, we're not getting Europe. All thats left to fight for is what we want Everton to be, a pragmatic outfit or one that is trying to implement an expansive philosophy. Trying and attempting to make mismatch team of poorly gelled players into a team that can compete. Go again.

Everyone wants someone to build, very few want to give anyone time to build.

Rinse and repeat.

Im surprised that anyone thought our basket case, powder puff squad wasn't going to have to take a step back to take a step forward.

Three year piece of work for me to run the anti virus, if its done any quicker it will be a terrific job.

As for the squad. Its a precarious position. We have unwanted high earners on long contracts. Its not as simple as just people saying get rid, as we still have a liability on most of those transfers. If we sell below that liability we crystallise a loss that takes from transfer funds. Its why i say its a three year piece of work. Some of those unwanted players will frustratingly still be here next season. Ultimately we need to move to players U25 with a high ceiling of potential, we need to invest and invest wisely rather then spend, that is an incremental process.

The team itself needs a clear consistent strategy that is congruent. That is not the case at moment, the team is poorly built and has never gelled. There is no consistent strategy to how this team is built, its simply a collection of players signed for various different reasons by random individuals who have been at the club. We are what we look, a mismatch of a team built by five different managers with five different ideology's philosophy's and out look on the game.

The defense rests! ;)

I'd agree with a lot of that, but I'd also say it's not unreasonable to sack the manager first season if it's just not working. If it's very clear.....like I put in the first options...an actual relegation battle for example.

However it would be on the understanding another prospect is likely to come in to continue the work and that they will also need time. And allowance for the situation they've come into would be needed.

That Tifo podcast about us mentioned the word ‘Momentum’ and how we are lacking any.

When you look at Wolves and Watford above us, you could argue that we have better individual players (on paper at least) but they both have some very good young players who have improved throughout the season and you’d expect will continue to improve.

We are stagnant at the moment.
I’d accept a couple of seasons mid-table 9th-12th if it was in order to bed in some young players with high potential, get the squad moving forward again and gain momentum.

Whether some of the more vocal and demanding members of our fan base would tolerate that is doubtful.

“Not good enough for where we want to be, NSNO lad!” :confused:

look
And the wrong one 10mill in compo annually! :)

Koeman and BFS sitting in Amsterdam and Dubai respectively having a nice morning brunch on the back of Evertonians.
the idea is to get it right first time.

we will be on Moshiri's 5th pick.

I just expected an improvement. Or signs that we were going to improve going forward.

Something to give a bit of hope.

And I’m just not seeing it. Yet.
Do you think the time he’s been here with the mess he was left that we should be seeing improvement by now?

I see improvement sometimes then we just go back to being the Everton we all know! Is that the players or the manager?

Do you think the time he’s been here with the mess he was left that we should be seeing improvement by now?

I see improvement sometimes then we just go back to being the Everton we all know! Is that the players or the manager?
its both

but its the manager job to change the mentality and instil some confidence and fight.

unfortunatly we mirror silvas timid and strange demeanour

Status
Not open for further replies.