Weird and wonderful places youve tuned into an Everton match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent 3 months studying and living in western Siberia when it was still Soviet Union. Used to tune in to bbc world service which only used to broadcast second half commentary - and would prey all week that Everton were on. World service always used to cut off 5 mins from the end so there being no way to communicate with the west other than letters we had to wait for weeks to find out what the actual result was.

I am in a converted barn in the arse end of nowhere in Wallonia in Belgium
There’s a dog outside permanently running figure 8 patterns and barking it’s head off at the cockerel who occasionally screeches obscenities back in pure chicken speak
The farmers wife leaves apples at my door ant the farmer looks like a serial killer in a bad day .....
Thank god for sky go

That sounds a lot like a Waloon horror flick I saw a while back...

Spent 3 months studying and living in western Siberia when it was still Soviet Union. Used to tune in to bbc world service which only used to broadcast second half commentary - and would prey all week that Everton were on. World service always used to cut off 5 mins from the end so there being no way to communicate with the west other than letters we had to wait for weeks to find out what the actual result was.
What in the blue blazes were you studying in Western Siberia?

In the middle of east berlin in a weird tiny darts bar. Went in asked if i could get the everton game on the barman pulled out a decent small screen an got it on. It was last seasons watford home game. Watching it with a load if goading reds, boss when dinge equalised!!

Back in the day I used to have to tune in on shortwave to the BBC World service. It was very hit and miss but I could usually work out what was going on
sitting in the kitchen with my transistor radio during the night. I don't remember why I sat in the kitchen but it must've been where I got the best reception.

Anyway, it was very bad one time and I went out and found a half decent signal at the bottom of the back yard listening to the first leg of the Cup Winners Cup
semi-final v Bayern Munich. Not very exotic, but walking around the garden in Melbourne holding a transistor radio to your ear was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.