MATCH THREAD: Bolton Wanderers vs Everton - 25th July 2023 - KO 7:45pm BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furey1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Everton travel to the Toughsheet Community Stadium tonight to face off against Bolton Wanderers.

The Trotters were close to securing promotion to The Championship last season, having finished 5th and being edged out by Barnsley in the Play-Off semis. However, they did win the Papa John's Trophy (of which our very own Tom Cannon was the top scorer), I'm good friends with both a Bolton and a West Ham fan so it was bizarre to see them both win a trophy before Everton!

I joke of course, but Bolton should be shooting for automatic promotion next term. It's been a tough old life for Wanderers fans for the best part of 20 years now. I was coming of age when they had the likes of Jay-Jay Okacha and Nicholas Anelka taking them far in the then UEFA Cup. I also have vivid memories of Bolton smoking us 4-0 at Goodison in 2005 in probably the height of their early 2000s heyday.

Onto Everton, tonight is finally the night for which we can confirm Danjuma is an Everton player. Truth be told, until the transfer window shuts I am still expecting him to slither away somehow but it's good to have a dynamic, skillful and versatile player to play across any of the forward positions. Make no mistake, Danjuma is a vast improvement on what we've got so we are getting there, recruitment-wise. It will take a decent alternative to DCL and a capable replacement for Yerry Mina though before I am convinced we will not be in a dogfight again.

Everton go into this game in fine pre-season form (if you believe that's possible) with 2 win from 2 for the first team. We've all been crying out for young and hungry players, little did we know that he would not be young but instead be called Young! Ashley already seems like a sensible addition to the squad. I was also interesting to see the manager favour an opportunity to scope out some of the youngsters at Tranmere in their 1-1 draw. There were a few standouts, namely Dobbin, Mills and Warrington. I would hazard a guess and say any of the players from Tranmere who feature tonight just might have a chance of being a part of our squad for the coming Premier League campaign. Unless, of course, your name is Mason Holgate.

I'll be heading on over to this one tonight, not expecting much bu it would be nice to keep up a winning run as much as we can going into the start of the season.

Predction: Bolton 1-2 Everton

1690282420753.png

1690282455133.png

1690282504777.png

1690282536542.png

Come on you blue preseason invincibles!

My expectations are modest but I like it when Everton aren't getting tonked 4 - nil by some MLS team from the upper midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.