Was it or wasn't it? The no-call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee Blue Mike

Player Valuation: £50m
Did Davey get in Mike Reilly's head. Jags the hero on the day may have made a huge mistake early but did he get away with one? Whats everyones thoughts?

After last set of replays I am pretty sure it wasn't a foul (earlier I though it was, but there were 2 replays presented later after an incident and I've changed my mind). Still, quality mind games by Moyes, to make sure that Riley won't cross a line with his decisions - I thinkl he didn't see the situation probably, so he wasn't sure and decided to not call it.

yea same, I was originally like, thank **** for that, Riley must have been having a microsleep.
Commentators after multiple looks thought it was a really good decision.
TBH if that had happened to us I'd be writing death threats to Riley. Anyway we deserve a bit of luck for once :)

edit: Jags is still feckin Boss! MOTM for me :D

Last edited:

The more i see the more im convinced it wasnt a penalty, that said it could have been easily given, so yes i thin Moyes's tactics work.

But now i just dont care it wasnt and im so so happy! ;)

I don't think it was. That was the only call that Riley got right. I'm sure some refs would have called it but if we had a different ref we would have been able to play our game and scored 1 or 2 as well. His endless whistles took any flow away from the match for both sides.

He was so bad this game I swear by the end of the match he was just guessing who gets posession. He would have been better off just flipping a coin. Its like Riley woke up this morning and made a resolution to ruin the match.

I bet Moyes comes out and says that even though we won it was one of the worst called matches he's ever been apart of. I've seen Clattenberg call a decent match once or twice, never have I saw Riley call one. He's not fit for the MLS.

At first it looked a dead cert and i couldn,'t believe when i looked up and it wasn't given.

But after watching a few replays there is very minimal contact if any so its pretty impossible to say if it truly was a foul or not.

Another ref would've give it. Yet another ref might not have.

Riley couldn't give that one, after not giving Penaar one!

At first it looked a dead cert and i couldn,'t believe when i looked up and it wasn't given.

But after watching a few replays there is very minimal contact if any so its pretty impossible to say if it truly was a foul or not.

Yep my thoughts too. Was certain it was at first but later replays showed there was no deliberate contact.

That's what I was thinking, Rafael used his arm to barge Pienaar off the ball in the 1st half, both would have been harsh penalties
Come on, Rafael on Pienaar is absolutely no-no penalty for me. Jagielka and Wellbeck situation was much closer, but still no penalty IMHO.

Personally thought it was a penalty at first. Looking at the replays, it made me unsure. Think Moyes played a great mindgame with Riley. Best performance from him I ever seen refereeing an Everton match. Also thought Fellaini was very lucky to stay on.

It's also possible that from Riley's angle, and the direction the ball went after the challenge, he mnay have thought Jags got some ball (which he clearly didn't).

Not really sure about this, but it's about time we got a break from Ma Riley.

Come on, Rafael on Pienaar is absolutely no-no penalty for me. Jagielka and Wellbeck situation was much closer, but still no penalty IMHO.

AGREED !

Have to say that I am gobsmacked that "Old Mother Riley" did not give it in their favour.

Have to say a big thanks to the Journo who brought the whole Riley thing up for Moyes to comment on;););)

:D:D:D:D
Happy as a pig in Sh** - Blue Sh** of course;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.