Was it or wasn't it? The no-call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a pen, not much contact and it would have been a soft one but we got away with that one. Still Man Utd did have a few later on to make up for it.:oops:

Never in a million years was it a penalty. At first i thought it was a stone waller but looking at the incident time and time again Welbeck played for it. Jagielka may not have got the ball but i feel he did'nt get the player either. The fact that Welbeck kicked his own heel made it look worse. Still, Jags claimed he was lucky but how many times have we been on the wrong end of bad decisions against United?

Never in a million years was it a penalty. At first i thought it was a stone waller but looking at the incident time and time again Welbeck played for it. Jagielka may not have got the ball but i feel he did'nt get the player either. The fact that Welbeck kicked his own heel made it look worse. Still, Jags claimed he was lucky but how many times have we been on the wrong end of bad decisions against United?

Fair enought, but Jags's concentration went big time and did so through out the game. He lost the ball and struggled to get it back clipping the player.
You do that in big games it will cost you. Jags shouldnt have let the little youngster do that to him but he did.

Watching it on tv, considering the view from Riley's position and Jag's body language as wellbeck flopped on the ground (sheepish wasn't he??)....my immediate reaction was - it's a penalty.

Seconds pass...and I realise there's no penalty, I start to think it's our turn for a bit of luck, or karma, or Moyes' pre-match mind-game.... (most likely the 3rd reason) .... whatever the reason, I'll take that decision.

It was a stone waller as they say and if it had been at the end and we didn't get it and then we'd have lost on pen's, I would have been sick as a parrot:( BUT as it is I'm FekingMade UP:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It was a penalty. Jags only had minimum contact with Wellbeck, but thats all it takes if a player is running at speed, especially when that minimum contact makes one of Welbecks feet clip the back of his other. This penalty claim was exactly the same as endless time Johnson was brought down and didn't get anything.

So on that basis, if the 2,000 times Johnson was clipped in the box and got nothing then a precedent has been set.

However all those times we should have got a penalty, and so should United yesterday.

I would pay no attention to the slow mo replay's as they don't show how a minimum amount of contact can have such a huge effect on a player running at that speed.

Saying all that tho, Cahill never fouled Vidic and would have been clean through so the Mancs can **** off with their complaints lol!

I'm gonna put this in caps because it needs to be.

OLD MOTHER ****HEAD RILEY BLEW UP FOR NO REASON WHEN TIM CAHILL HAD THE BALL 30 YARDS FROM GOAL WITH HIM AND JAMES VAUGHAN IN A 2v1 SITUATION, OK ITS NOT AS GOOD AS A PENALTY BUT ITS DAMN CLOSE AND WITH THE STATE OF UNITED'S PENALTY TAKING AT THE END, WHO SAYS THEY WOUDLVE SCORED ANYWAY?
THOSE DECISIONS EVEN THEMSELVES OUT, AND BESIDES WHICH SO MANY HAVE GONE AGAINST US OVER YEARS I DONT GIVE TWO ****S
CLOSE THREAD

On looking at the replay it does look like a pen from most angles, however one angle shows that there is minimal contact and Wellbeck tripped over his own feet.

Problem is he tried to make up for that decision by going against us in ET. Even the commentators thought he made some silly decisions against us. 2 missing corners, needless freekicks given against us, silly refereeing.

who cares !
Peggy Mitchell, Del Trotter, Chas and Dave, Harry Enfield. Your boys took one hell of a beating .

Posted via Mobile Device not enough contact to have given a pen, and what with Riley being a MU fan there was no way he was going to award it as the backlash against him would have been enormous.

Who cares to be honest.

It was as much of a non penalty as the one that they received in their last league game against us.

Swings and roundabouts folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.