Was it or wasn't it? The no-call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna put this in caps because it needs to be.

OLD MOTHER ****HEAD RILEY .............

....Problem is he tried to make up for that decision by going against us in ET.... 2 missing corners, needless freekicks given against us, silly refereeing.

The above observations are so true. I have little doubts riley was gunning to tilt the balance of decisions against us in the course of the match.:mad:

Riley is a joke, as are a few 'top-notch' refs. Surely, this a factor (at least a little) for the big 4's stranglehold on the league.

Such is the reality of English football now, you can have a quality team, and still you're at the mercy of some attention-seeking biased pain-in-the-***

The FA persists in denial, refs are now 'built-in bias' in so many fixtures, we can expect a lot more mind-games like Davey's. I just hope we still get some football on the side....

In the ground although it was at their end I thought it was an absolute stone wall-er, and couldn't believe he bottled it.

After seeing the replays, now I KNOW it was an absolute stone wall-er, and he completely bottled it.

I thought it was one of those where there was obviously some physical contact but that the player looked to have gone done very easily & most refs are loathe to make such a decision in a match of this nature unless they're 100% sure. after seeing the replays it seems to me one of those you some times get & some times don't - in other words most of the time manure would get that decision & we wouldn't if the roles were reversed. mind you, when i think back to football in the 70's it would have been considered extremely harsh to give a penalty just because a player can't stay on his feet when put under physical pressure by an opposing defender!

as i recall we also had a couple of decent shouts, when piennar has shoved away from the ball as he was trying to play it & cahill was nearly kicked in the face, but riley was being very cautious, quite understandably. tbh, i thought it was one of his better performances, although that's obviously not saying much as he's set such a consistently low standard over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.