Was it or wasn't it? The no-call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee Blue Mike

Player Valuation: £70m
Did Davey get in Mike Reilly's head. Jags the hero on the day may have made a huge mistake early but did he get away with one? Whats everyones thoughts?

stinger

Player Valuation: £8m
After last set of replays I am pretty sure it wasn't a foul (earlier I though it was, but there were 2 replays presented later after an incident and I've changed my mind). Still, quality mind games by Moyes, to make sure that Riley won't cross a line with his decisions - I thinkl he didn't see the situation probably, so he wasn't sure and decided to not call it.

Skirge

Player Valuation: £950k
yea same, I was originally like, thank **** for that, Riley must have been having a microsleep.
Commentators after multiple looks thought it was a really good decision.
TBH if that had happened to us I'd be writing death threats to Riley. Anyway we deserve a bit of luck for once :)

edit: Jags is still feckin Boss! MOTM for me :D

Last edited:

Neiler

The more i see the more im convinced it wasnt a penalty, that said it could have been easily given, so yes i thin Moyes's tactics work.

But now i just dont care it wasnt and im so so happy! ;)

Rook

I don't think it was. That was the only call that Riley got right. I'm sure some refs would have called it but if we had a different ref we would have been able to play our game and scored 1 or 2 as well. His endless whistles took any flow away from the match for both sides.

He was so bad this game I swear by the end of the match he was just guessing who gets posession. He would have been better off just flipping a coin. Its like Riley woke up this morning and made a resolution to ruin the match.

I bet Moyes comes out and says that even though we won it was one of the worst called matches he's ever been apart of. I've seen Clattenberg call a decent match once or twice, never have I saw Riley call one. He's not fit for the MLS.

Seamus Colemole

Previously deathbyropeandglass
At first it looked a dead cert and i couldn,'t believe when i looked up and it wasn't given.

But after watching a few replays there is very minimal contact if any so its pretty impossible to say if it truly was a foul or not.

Fassbasstd

Player Valuation: £750k
Another ref would've give it. Yet another ref might not have.

Riley couldn't give that one, after not giving Penaar one!

Robin Sisland

Player Valuation: £5m
At first it looked a dead cert and i couldn,'t believe when i looked up and it wasn't given.

But after watching a few replays there is very minimal contact if any so its pretty impossible to say if it truly was a foul or not.
Yep my thoughts too. Was certain it was at first but later replays showed there was no deliberate contact.

stinger

Player Valuation: £8m
That's what I was thinking, Rafael used his arm to barge Pienaar off the ball in the 1st half, both would have been harsh penalties
Come on, Rafael on Pienaar is absolutely no-no penalty for me. Jagielka and Wellbeck situation was much closer, but still no penalty IMHO.

Dutch Toffee

Personally thought it was a penalty at first. Looking at the replays, it made me unsure. Think Moyes played a great mindgame with Riley. Best performance from him I ever seen refereeing an Everton match. Also thought Fellaini was very lucky to stay on.

CanadaToffee

Player Valuation: £10m
It's also possible that from Riley's angle, and the direction the ball went after the challenge, he mnay have thought Jags got some ball (which he clearly didn't).

Not really sure about this, but it's about time we got a break from Ma Riley.

billytoffee

Player Valuation: £20m
Come on, Rafael on Pienaar is absolutely no-no penalty for me. Jagielka and Wellbeck situation was much closer, but still no penalty IMHO.
AGREED !

Have to say that I am gobsmacked that "Old Mother Riley" did not give it in their favour.

Have to say a big thanks to the Journo who brought the whole Riley thing up for Moyes to comment on;););)

:D:D:D:D
Happy as a pig in Sh** - Blue Sh** of course;);)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks