Was it or wasn't it? The no-call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep watching it over and over and it was sooooooo close but I agree Jags did enough to thwart Wellbeck he seemed to go to ground to easily. Reilly actually got it right in that split second. Got think in the back of my mind if that was later in the game he may not have been so forgiving. For some reason Refs judgements change dramatically as a game wanes on to the fortune of the so called big four.

Well I saw it four or 5 times and I'm of the opinion it was a penalty. There was just enough contact there to make it so in my book. I haven't the inclination to search the clip out again, just to make sure. Still, I guess you would call it one of those 50/50 decisions, which ended up in our favour. But anyone that says there was no contact is blind. There was, and we were lucky Old Mother Riley didn't get a better view of it. If she had, we'd have been down to 10 men and United probably would have beat us.

I never thought it was a penalty even seeing it for the first time, never mind the replays. The buggar went down too easily, a bit like Gerrard's shot in the back.

The ITV commentators thought it was a close call, I was surprised they were actually quite nice toward everton. Looking through my blue coloured eyes, I didn't think it was a penalty at all, but the media will make out it was a lucky escape for Everton, it's the only way they can defeat the mighty Manchester United.

I honestly don't know, the question if you have to ask though is why would Gibson go down like that if he wasn't fouled as he had an open goal?

If it had been Rio on Vaughn, we'd all be screaming blue murder, but it was such a marginal call the ref couldn't really give it - particularly in light of the midweek comments about his allegiances.

The media will seize on the comments and whether it was right for Moyes to comment on a ref before the game, but (sadly) the gamesmanship around the periphery has become part and parcel of the sport, and we need to compete here too.

So, top marks to Davey, we've been on the wrong end of this type of thing before (Fat Sam's comments about Timmy in the run up to the Blackburn game - and the clear affect they had) it's good to see that DM knows how much difference these little suggestions can make.

Not a pen, never a pen, and, never will be. we save these things for semi finalists, we are finalists.

leave this for the cheap seats.

Hand on heart, It was a 50/50. - You've seen them given.

There was contact, and Jags didn't get the ball. How much Wellbeck was looking for it.

And Pienaar 's shout in the first half wasn't a clear-cut no-pen. Rafael made no attempt at all to get to the ball and his clear intent was to impede our guy.

At first I thought yes but after seeing the replay over and over I'm torn. It's wasn't really convincing either way so I think Riley got it right not calling it. If it's too iffy it's better not to call.

i got back from the airport from argentina too late so i missed the entire game, but let me try a little experiment here

if... hypothetically... i say that it was a penalty...

hmm look at that, we're still in the FA cup final.

so i concluded, it doesn't matter even a little bit, it wasn't given and we're in the final, jagielka could have done no more than breathe on him, or he could have pistol whipped him across the face, we've been denied decisions so many times and most of us accept that its part of football, i think the controversy proves it was a 50 50 call, so its hardly something that gives them the right to gripe.

does anyone have a link of it though, out of curiosity i'd like to see it

I thought it was when it happened.

Replays show that there wasn't contact.

However I don't think we could have really argued HAD Riley given one.

Like it was said earlier. We've seen 'em given for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.