V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all play under FIFA rules...FIFA rules state Deliberate hand ball
Your point is mostly null and void

Huh! Just did a quick search and from what I can tell apparently the rule change to European leauges to that rule in the last few seasons. So, yeah you're right. Sorry I'm behind the times obviously lol

Where have you seen that because I was always lead to believe it was if the ball hit the hand in a unnatural position.

Regardless from watching games in Europe, listening to the commentary and the pundits before, after and during the match a hand ball is a foul deliberate, unnatural or otherwise. Why do you think so many forigne defenders stick their hands behind their back when blocking a cross and defending in the area.

Every single google search and fifa rules and laws.

Attachments

• E355241A-446C-4473-B681-848BC75BEF34.png
    E355241A-446C-4473-B681-848BC75BEF34.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 88
Ghost pens? Man U last week, offside goals? Arsenal this season, offiside by a mile scoring in 97th minute ? Terry Chelsea, that’s before we even go into kuyts two footed waist high challenge on neville, rodwell red card for not even touching Suarez , Gerard two footing naismith, Owen two footing someone , carragher pulling lescott down in the final minute , when clattenvurg apparently said to Moyes after the game “ you don’t give decisions like that in the last minute” or words to that effect. I can literally count on one hand the times we have benefited from bad decisions and that’s never against the top 6.
Not to mention the amount of pens Carragher would have conceded man-handling strikers in the penalty box,Two per game at least

Just train referees properly, we have goal line tech and that's the main sticking point all the rest is just part and parcel of the game in my eyes, I don't feel it's necessary. Not saying it's not a good piece of technology but train the refs to as high standard and it isn't needed.

Who makes the decision to check with VAR? Is it only the referee and his assistants, or can, say, a team captain ask for it, like in cricket?

Indeed.
For those who don't know, as the Fulham players ran to celebrate, Salah ran down the other end and scored 13 seconds later.

Would VAR pick up the ball in motion on Alisson's kick? In NFL when the TD is called, they watch the whole "play" to see if there is a reason to deny it. Would it happen in football too?

Would VAR pick up the ball in motion on Alisson's kick? In NFL when the TD is called, they watch the whole "play" to see if there is a reason to deny it. Would it happen in football too?

For things like that, it should be up to the referee to ask (i.e. in the event they believe there was an infringement). But really, when the players are celebrating, there should definitely be a case for the video refs to be checking for an infringement and letting the ref know there has been such and it should be disallowed. That's not stopping the game at all when you think of how much times goes by these days between a goal and a kick off.

For things like that, it should be up to the referee to ask (i.e. in the event they believe there was an infringement). But really, when the players are celebrating, there should definitely be a case for the video refs to be checking for an infringement and letting the ref know there has been such and it should be disallowed. That's not stopping the game at all when you think of how much times goes by these days between a goal and a kick off.
To be fair, it's the players' fault. I remember when Sol Campbell "scored" for England v Argentina, then they nearly scored whilst half of the England team were celebrating the disallowed goal.

As bad as when every single defender raises their arm after a goal is scored against them - on the off-chance their was an infringement of some sort. The defenders have no idea what they are appealing for, but they appeal anyway. Don't want to see a call for VAR review of every decision if there really isn't a need.

Would much rather the captain has three reviews (which aren't decremented if the review is successful)

To be fair, it's the players' fault. I remember when Sol Campbell "scored" for England v Argentina, then they nearly scored whilst half of the England team were celebrating the disallowed goal.

Yeah, the sterling example being a case in point, but if they're not going to be sporting then the refs have to manage the game.

I've enjoyed watching the autumn Internationals on rugby union so much more again. I'm not even a big fan of the sport, but the refs are properly managing the play, they're telling players when they're about to commit a penalty etc. And the players respect them. I heard one say sorry for getting something wrong and the player shook his hand and got on with it.

Why is football so different? Why are the players allowed to constantly harass the ref with no punishment. If they have no respect for the man in charge, they're certainly not going to have any respect for the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.