V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in two minds,the general standard of officials is poor,my worry is the same standard will be in charge of VAR,so will things be any different

Maybe I'm a bit mental but I think the drama of injustice is part of the game. Makes the whole thing more of a spectacle.

but at the end of the day it's sport. You want to see the better team win, you don't want to see the better team cheated out by a team who haven't got the quality so wrongly defeat them by diving and foul play.

Against, it's a complete waste of time.

If you think things are bad now, just wait until refs get to look at every challenge in super slow motion. All of a sudden every slide tackle will be red card and any contact in the box will be an automatic penalty.

In Australia we use it here in the local league and I’m against it.
For some reason we use a different system to the one that worked well at the World Cup.

Takes away the purity of a goal knowing that there is a chance that it could be chalked off. Can only celebrate 95% which sounds stupid but you can’t go hard with the knowledge in the back of your head.

It all depends when and how they use it. If they overturn “debatable” decisions rather than sure ones it will be a mess. Not a fan of slowing things down either so it has to be used sparingly and effectively

In Australia we use it here in the local league and I’m against it.
For some reason we use a different system to the one that worked well at the World Cup.

Takes away the purity of a goal knowing that there is a chance that it could be chalked off. Can only celebrate 95% which sounds stupid but you can’t go hard with the knowledge in the back of your head.
Yeah, this is the main thing that puts me off, not looking forward to standing round waiting for a decision to be made followed by dampened celebration.The tension release of a goal is everything in football.

Absolutely totally for it.
We should also adopt the American Football model. If there is a perceived injustice , each coach / manager has a red flag that they can throw onto the pitch to object to a wrong decision.
You get one per half, and if you are wrong, you lose it.
Our lovely neighbours would be mid table at best.

Make that a blue flag and I'm with you

Yours
Pedant

for or against?
I think the sky four/six will hate this
All clubs will play on a fair level when this comes into play
Think if VAR wss around now we could be sitting here with an extra 6/8 points. It can also work the other way of course but at the moment big calls are going against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.