V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it before and say it again,VAR is rubbish and will wreck the game for us anyway-not a fan and never will be-they miss easy things and give the silly things,[Goal line was the only thing needed],yes it gets the odd thing right,but takes way to long and is still just a REF giving what he thinks in a room,and if he does not know what to do,he just passes it to the ref on the pitch, who most of them still get the wrong decision even after looking at screen

all they are doing is passing the buck to someone else, he bottles it and gives it back to the ref, In the meantime sportspesa has a 20 second advert, penalty 5/6, no penalty evens, or a Carlsberg advert, just money making project

Dead against VAR and have been from the start. It can tell you if a player touched the ball with their hand or was offside, but those rules still have to be interpreted in the proper way in order for the right call to be made. Also, where to draw the line? Can you replay a potential foul on the halfway line in the build up to a goal and chalk the goal off if given? Do you use it to contest throw-ins in the attacking half of the pitch or corners? A lot depends on the definition given to “significant moments”.

Bringing in VAR has been the worst ever decision in football. For a sport built upon momentum and played at lightning fast speed it is a potential disaster. I don't want games being held up for minutes at a time, and I don't want to have to contain my emotion when Everton score a goal and instead have to wait to confirm that it's not being looked at by VAR. If this is what happens next season, if it ruins my enjoyment of the game, then next season will be my last.

“Clear and obvious error” is the biggest problem with it for me. If you have to watch yen slow mo replays and zoom in to see if there’s a foul or the ball has touched a hand it’s not an obvious mistake. Refs should have a time limit although that opens another can of worms

Status
Not open for further replies.