V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's says the VAR heads would have disallowed the goal too?

Again, my issue is that there's a lot of rules in football that are open to interpretation. Whether its tackles, handballs, and fouls, you'll never get a 100% correct opinion on contentious decisions.

No one i don't think, i'm pretty sure if VAR watched that goal back in the time that Austin was celebrating they'd have known it was a good goal so would have qquickly told the ref that.

That is the nature of footballs rules, so many of them are open to interpretation (hence why you always get people arguing over ref's decisions "that was a foul", "no iot wasn't", "yes it was" etc etc) buty it's a hell of a lot easier for an official to make a decision based on those rules after watching several slow mo replays from different angles than it is to make a decision having only seen something once, from one angle at normal speed.

As long as the decision they reach is correct in law thats all that matters. You'll still get people saying they made the wrong decision who don't actually know the laws but you can't have everything.

Don't recall that happening to us, but not saying it hasn't. I enjoy the good and bad talking points of a match, and would hate to see the game becoming sterile. Debates about the Ref getting 'that one wrong and this one right' are part of what Football is about for me.

Ghost pens? Man U last week, offside goals? Arsenal this season, offiside by a mile scoring in 97th minute ? Terry Chelsea, that’s before we even go into kuyts two footed waist high challenge on neville, rodwell red card for not even touching Suarez , Gerard two footing naismith, Owen two footing someone , carragher pulling lescott down in the final minute , when clattenvurg apparently said to Moyes after the game “ you don’t give decisions like that in the last minute” or words to that effect. I can literally count on one hand the times we have benefited from bad decisions and that’s never against the top 6.

Ghost pens? Man U last week, offside goals? Arsenal this season, offiside by a mile scoring in 97th minute ? Terry Chelsea, that’s before we even go into kuyts two footed waist high challenge on neville, rodwell red card for not even touching Suarez , Gerard two footing naismith, Owen two footing someone , carragher pulling lescott down in the final minute , when clattenvurg apparently said to Moyes after the game “ you don’t give decisions like that in the last minute” or words to that effect. I can literally count on one hand the times we have benefited from bad decisions and that’s never against the top 6.

And had we had VAR we wouldn't be here now all this time later discussing it and having debates... which is why I like things the way they are.

The refereeing this year was bad enough. But I've never seen anything like yesterday.

We need VAR because it's the same referees making the same catalogue of errors every week. There's an inherit bias in the league to big teams playing at home and VAR would lessen that at least.

One thing they NEED to do WHEN they implement it is th simply stop the clock whilst reviewing. The ball isn't in play, hell, the ref isn't even on the pitch. Stop the fn clock ffs.

100% for it. There is no way do things balance out any more. There is way too much incompetency, bias and in some instances out and out corruption from the officials. They get so much wrong every single match and if you are playing against the top 6 you know for certainty before kick off that any dodgy decisions will almost always be against you. I would bet that the top 6 will be against it and the majority of the rest of the teams will be for it, in other words VAR needs to be introduced and the sooner the better.

VAR is far from perfect but it is definitely an improvement from the current mess and will make it harder for officials to be dodgy or hide and thus should help move things towards being a tad more balanced and fairer.

THIS !

Reactions: Lob
And had we had VAR we wouldn't be here now all this time later discussing it and having debates... which is why I like things the way they are.

Agreed , I love talking about collina and how we were cheated out of CL. Would much rather talk about that than talking about a CL run.

Status
Not open for further replies.