V.A.R

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needn’t stop the game? For each offence that is proved by VAR the 4th official runs to the dug-out of the offending party and webs the managers in the knackers. It will have immediate benefits in that the manager will stamp down hard on all cheating, plus if you had a hated manager like BFS, the players would do it on purpose and his plums would be the size of space hoppers at the end of every match :)

It will start being used soon enough simply because of the amount of money the game generates these days. Personally, I like the injustice of a poor decision and all the post-match moaning that goes with it. I find that to be part of the entertainment of Football.

I don’t find it entertaining when you go away to the top 6 and they get shots pens and score goals that are 4 yards offside in the 7th minute of injury time

Austin was understandably miffed, but looking at the pictures, theres certainly a fair case for the Southampton player being called for interfering with play.The fact that he slanted his body backwards to avoid contact with the ball is interference because Watfords keeper would surely have seen this if he was following the ball, which of course he was. Lets face it,if Austin had 'scored' against Everton in that situation, we would all be moaning.

I see your point but in law there is no case for him to have been interfering.

I'm 100% for VAR. It's not perfect but it will help officials get the right decision which is the most important thing.

I don’t find it entertaining when you go away to the top 6 and they get shots pens and score goals that are 4 yards offside in the 7th minute of injury time

Don't recall that happening to us, but not saying it hasn't. I enjoy the good and bad talking points of a match, and would hate to see the game becoming sterile. Debates about the Ref getting 'that one wrong and this one right' are part of what Football is about for me.

I see your point but in law there is no case for him to have been interfering.

I'm 100% for VAR. It's not perfect but it will help officials get the right decision which is the most important thing.

Who's says the VAR heads would have disallowed the goal too?

Again, my issue is that there's a lot of rules in football that are open to interpretation. Whether its tackles, handballs, and fouls, you'll never get a 100% correct opinion on contentious decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.