Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands has done very very well. Imagine how he will do when;
1) He has fully settled into the club role
2) He has had time to work with targets alongside a manager who is settled
3) The stink of Allaardyce has left the club completely
4) We have not had a season of dour football
5) Hopefully we are in Europe
6) Hopefully we have a further cash injection.

17 shots with 8 on target certainly helps.

Think we're in great hands, it's the most positive I've been as a blue since I started in 96

I think as a whole you are right. There have been moments since then, that certain aspects of the club have been better, but as a whole we are stronger and are actually underachieving.

During the mid 90's we had a great team, but it was built on lots of older players and the brilliance in that moment of Royle. When the money ran out we really struggled.

10 years later, Moyes built a consistent team, but we hit a glass ceiling without the finance to compete.

We have money and ambition at the top of the club now. A world class DOF and a potentially very talented coach, as well as a good young squad. It's hard but I do think if we get some momentum going it will be hard to derail and also we should be able to build on it.

Not going to happen, Kenwright chirping in on behalf of Moshiri this week basically saying It’s Moshiri’s club, end of.

Not going to happen, Kenwright chirping in on behalf of Moshiri this week basically saying It’s Moshiri’s club, end of.
Bill is a quirky antique sitting next to the mantelpiece. He used to sit in the centre of the mantelpiece, above the fireplace. He's been shifted to the side table in the corner. He'll be quietly wrapped in tissue paper and put in the drawer shortly.

On the basis none of the ongoing spending is on his dime, his opinions have as much import as anyone on this forum.

Bill is a quirky antique sitting next to the mantelpiece. He used to sit in the centre of the mantelpiece, above the fireplace. He's been shifted to the side table in the corner. He'll be quietly wrapped in tissue paper and put in the drawer shortly.

On the basis none of the ongoing spending is on his dime, his opinions have as much import as anyone on this forum.

I think he’s Moshiri’s mate, and I think Moshiri wants to own his own football club.

He's the antique that somebody brings in to Flog It in the expectation of a fortune. After finding it's worth sixpence, they exclaim, 'Well, I would never have sold it anyway'.

The problem we as a club are is that we are in a city dominated by the image of that lot:

They have the citys name

They have the liverbird

Anfield is getting bigger and starting to host concerts

They are doing well again and back in the CL

essentially we are similiar to Man City pre Sheikh Mansour where the city was known largely for Manchester Utd.

We massively need this fella to come aboard and have us competing for trophies again.

The problem we as a club are is that we are in a city dominated by the image of that lot:

They have the citys name

They have the liverbird

essentially we are similiar to Man City pre Sheikh Mansour where the city was known largely for Manchester Utd.

We massively need this fella to come aboard and have us competing for trophies again.

Juventus do ok

They have the citys name

They have the liverbird

..or we need a Kendall type Manager and DoF who uses the Moshiri money astutely. I keep saying our target should be to be no1 in this city.

They have the citys name

They have the liverbird

But we own the Liver building and the Liver bird and they will soon be painted blue
We own the city’s iconic building and its symbols

iirc they did try to copyright the Liver birds image a few years back (their like some evil corporate conglomerate like monsanto trying to copyright human DNA) but were told where to go.That yoke on their crest is not the real Liver bird image. I think the city council retain the copyright (stand to be corrected on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.