Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
iirc they did try to copyright the Liver birds image a few years back (their like some evil corporate conglomerate like monsanto trying to copyright human DNA) but were told where to go.That yoke on their crest is not the real Liver bird image. I think the city council retain the copyright (stand to be corrected on that).
My mole at the College of Arms informs me that;
A) The Liver Bird as a Heraldic Device...eg the City Coat of Arms, is essentially uncopyrightable...which as a result while nobody can claim it, anybody can, in theory, use it.
B) As you state, the rs only own the copy right to the cartoon version on the shirt.
C) The rights to the birds on the Liver Building still resides with the family of the sculptor / designer...but iinly for a few more years
( memo to Mr Ryazantsev; got on to that tovarisch )
D) Also, a slight tweak to the wing position would give us...if we wished a - 'Liver Bird Resurgent'

Rather fitting really.

I've been waiting for some comments about Comrade Usmanov with regards the origins of his wealth following that case highlighted yesterday about another Uzbek, this time a lady, who thinks nothing of popping into Harrods over the recent past and spending literally millions without any visible means of income.

I know the Liver Birds on the iron gates to the Cruise Ship terminal were donated but the fact that they are painted red doesn't help in dissuading visitors that they have nothing to do with the RS.

tenor.gif

Didn't see the interview, but by owner's could he just mean Moshiri and Kenwright ? Bill is still a part owner atm.

He said owners and the chairman.

Could be just his limited English but still interesting.

I do think Usmanov is de facto owner, just wish it was all transparent and official so fans could be excited!

Didn't see the interview, but by owner's could he just mean Moshiri and Kenwright ? Bill is still a part owner atm.
He said owners and the chairman.

Could be just his limited English but still interesting.

I do think Usmanov is de facto owner, just wish it was all transparent and official so fans could be excited!

Here's the quote, doesn't read like it's limited English

"I was clear with Marcel (Brands), with our board, with our owners and with our chairman,

I'd like another one TBH but there is a waiting list for Everton shares. They are trading for £3,500 at the mo!

I always fancied an Everton share but it was more to just say “I have one”, so it’s probably best left to those who know what they’re on about.

Yeah this is the sensible outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.