What if sanctions against Usmanov where lifted in the near future?

Would you still want the vast sums of commercial sponsorship to continue?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BullensRoad

Player Valuation: £15m
The home truth is the sanctions the main reason we're in this mess.

If we continued to get the various commercial deals from USM, Megafon and direct finance for the stadium, we could have found ways to throw money out of danger.

I can't see us ever getting that financial boost again. I'm sure Moshiri has learnt from the past and if Kenwright got turfed with the rest of the board we could have been looking at a brighter future.

If we continued to get the various commercial deals from USM, Megafon and direct finance for the stadium, we could have found ways to throw money out of danger.

I can't see us ever getting that financial boost again. I'm sure Moshiri has learnt from the past and if Kenwright got turfed with the rest of the board we could have been looking at a brighter future.
There's never a dull moment at Everton, on orboff the park.

The wheel of fortune needs to spin in Evertons favour, asap.

I understand the argument about clubs like Man City and Newcastle becoming successful based on funding received from nation states that execute people for being gay. And people say "why should we miss out for moralistic reasons?" However, we surely don't want to stoop to their level. Usmanov has allegedly been a close ally of Putin and as such we don't want anything to do with him.

What?

If it means our club surviving and our stadium being saved and our city being more prosperous and jobs being saved... why not?

Personally for me Everton is about family and community. I wouldn’t pedal that “the peoples club” nonsense but apart from his ties with Putin he’s also affiliated with the Russian/Uzbek mafia. His mentor is a guy called Gafur Rakhimov, a mafia boss/heroin overlord. It would make a mockery of the everton in the community work to know that while they might help some kids out here, or people get a job elsewhere he supports or is involved in the bombing of kids or the destruction organised crime has caused their family.

Bring it on. Usmanov re-arms us and we take the EPL with our storm-kickers.

Oh, and we give our fantasic community work an extra £42.56 to demonstrate the unique caring side and high standards the club aspire to.

Status
Not open for further replies.