Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trouble is with these rules is they are too late the top teams have already benefited which means the likes of Everton can in no way catch them!

And this is exactly why the rules exist - the power is in the hands of the 'elite' European clubs who have their own closed shop meetings and agree what uefa can and can't do. All about maintaining the status quo, city got lucky with timing and are now too strong to be left outside the club (much as many of the old guard might wish to).

It would be interesting to see what happens next time a genuine billion pound injection happens to a non-elite club. Will money talk and they are grudgingly accepted a la city or will there be attempts to exclude them through sanctions etc.

And this is exactly why the rules exist - the power is in the hands of the 'elite' European clubs who have their own closed shop meetings and agree what uefa can and can't do. All about maintaining the status quo, city got lucky with timing and are now too strong to be left outside the club (much as many of the old guard might wish to).

It would be interesting to see what happens next time a genuine billion pound injection happens to a non-elite club. Will money talk and they are grudgingly accepted a la city or will there be attempts to exclude them through sanctions etc.
There's only so much 'Room at the Top' so nobody's going to be allowed in...unless they force their way in...do you see us as forceful enough?
Well? Do ya.

Moshiri is definitely our Thaksin - strange little fella from the East who has put money into the club but not near enough to have us signing top players and paying their ludicrous wages.

Usmanov essentially is our only hope of getting to the next level that Man City are currently at. I do fear though Moshiri does want EFC as his own project and wont let Usmanov come on board who will maybe invest via sponsorship deals at most.

If you trace the money back then moshi has basically bought Everton with uncle uzzys money.

It’s on like donkey kong.

if usmanov actually does come in i hope we blow a massive amount of money buying big young stars if possible. They could hit us with whatever transfer ban and whatever fines they want, we'd still have the players who given 3 or 4 years would take us to the top. Transfer bans wouldn't matter because the squad would be young enough that we wouldn't need to worry about improving. as soon as you start getting success and breaking into the elite the fines and bans will never be severe, so to me, it's all about breaking into it rather than worrying about maintaining it.

Moshiri would be a fool to not bring Usmanov on board. He's someone he knows and has worked with for many years and actually has the money to turn the club into a CL elite side.

If Moshiri goes it alone he'll double his money from selling us once we move to BMD however he'll never own a club capable of playing CL football with his limited financial muscle.

if usmanov actually does come in i hope we blow a massive amount of money buying big young stars if possible. They could hit us with whatever transfer ban and whatever fines they want, we'd still have the players who given 3 or 4 years would take us to the top. Transfer bans wouldn't matter because the squad would be young enough that we wouldn't need to worry about improving. as soon as you start getting success and breaking into the elite the fines and bans will never be severe, so to me, it's all about breaking into it rather than worrying about maintaining it.

If you look at what Moshiri tried initially he went for that though didn't he. We targeted Kessie, Isak, Bailey, Tielemans etc. We just didn't close those deals.

This summer was always about buying first team players to improve the team, which for the most part we have done. I do think we will see more of a return this approach.

Moshiri would be a fool to not bring Usmanov on board. He's someone he knows and has worked with for many years and actually has the money to turn the club into a CL elite side.

If Moshiri goes it alone he'll double his money from selling us once we move to BMD however he'll never own a club capable of playing CL football with his limited financial muscle.

To me the question is about what arrangement they both want. Does Usmanov want to be seen to be publicly owning a club. Or is he happy to use Moshiri as a kind of conduit to his wealth.
I suspect Moshiri would take clear direction from above on this.

To me the question is about what arrangement they both want. Does Usmanov want to be seen to be publicly owning a club. Or is he happy to use Moshiri as a kind of conduit to his wealth.
I suspect Moshiri would take clear direction from above on this.

True mate although I think if Usmanov was pulling the strings Rom would still be here on 250k a week and we'll have spent bigger money than what we have so far.

If you look at what Moshiri tried initially he went for that though didn't he. We targeted Kessie, Isak, Bailey, Tielemans etc. We just didn't close those deals.

This summer was always about buying first team players to improve the team, which for the most part we have done. I do think we will see more of a return this approach.

yeah true, also witsel, koulibaly, mata, carvalho etc. I have massive faith in brands though, i didn't hate walsh but a lot of his signings i knew weren't going to take us anywhere, but thanfkully this summer has seen us buy players who are a good two levels higher than the likes of williams and bolasie. I mean if we can then go in and buy more players like those who you mention above who are all now getting to the top teams we'll be a force. Just go out and break the rules and get about 15 of them and watch them gel over the next 3 or 4 years and watch us thrive.

I wonder if the plan was for Mosh to come here, get settled in, in the meantime Uncle U would sell his Arsenal shares, then bingo.
I’m a betting man and for me this is odds on that Usmanov will invest heavily.

I think stadium news, if ever there is any, may also be the time for uncle uzzy to let us know what is really happening behind the scenes. esp when it turns out he is funding the stadium project

True mate although I think if Usmanov was pulling the strings Rom would still be here on 250k a week and we'll have spent bigger money than what we have so far.

There are limits you can spend though. Partially to not throw money down the brain, partially due to FFP, and partially down to the rest of the squad benchmarking against it.

I had no issue with selling Lukaku for what we did. Like with Stones I'm not sure I pay what we sold him for back for him. However we spent the money terribly. However we have got 6 lads in for about the same money this season under Brands. I know who I would rather have.

yeah true, also witsel, koulibaly, mata, carvalho etc. I have massive faith in brands though, i didn't hate walsh but a lot of his signings i knew weren't going to take us anywhere, but thanfkully this summer has seen us buy players who are a good two levels higher than the likes of williams and bolasie. I mean if we can then go in and buy more players like those who you mention above who are all now getting to the top teams we'll be a force. Just go out and break the rules and get about 15 of them and watch them gel over the next 3 or 4 years and watch us thrive.

Brands has done very very well. Imagine how he will do when;
1) He has fully settled into the club role
2) He has had time to work with targets alongside a manager who is settled
3) The stink of Allaardyce has left the club completely
4) We have not had a season of dour football
5) Hopefully we are in Europe
6) Hopefully we have a further cash injection.

Brands has done very very well. Imagine how he will do when;
1) He has fully settled into the club role
2) He has had time to work with targets alongside a manager who is settled
3) The stink of Allaardyce has left the club completely
4) We have not had a season of dour football
5) Hopefully we are in Europe
6) Hopefully we have a further cash injection.

Think we're in great hands, it's the most positive I've been as a blue since I started in 96

Status
Not open for further replies.