Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the new FFP rules coming in next summer to stop another club being bankrolled like Chelsea City and PSG, the old guard all came together after the La Liga boss was complaining about PSG signing Neymar and Mbappe and City splurging £400 million net summer 2017.

The rules were agreed by the ECA (European club association) 220 member clubs last international break, City and PSG were against them (no surprise).

25 man squads (6 loans limit) and £89 million net spend and clubs will be scrutinised for commercial deals to stop owner link deals boosting turnovers like PSG and City.
All right lad
There was a few lads in the fears of a witch-hunt against the RS looking for you
They are very concerned for your health
Pop in and give them a wave

Yes. But it all kinda took off when the new stadium came through didn't it? It seems like city went through a lot of players and a few managers before becoming a real consistent force - but without looking at a timeline backed by facts I'm not sure how it went but I'm sure there was a lot of poor expensive outlays at the start which were whittled away and replaced with better over several seasons.

City kind of struggled until they got lucky with Tevez - not sure what the figure was, but they where the only club willing to pay off the third party ownership.

After that they started attracting the big names and get into the champions league.

City kind of struggled until they got lucky with Tevez - not sure what the figure was, but they where the only club willing to pay off the third party ownership.

After that they started attracting the big names and get into the champions league.
See, stuff like that. I forgot all about Tevez.

Tevez was so inportant to their progression. Not only was he a world class player at his peak, he was also taken from their rivals. It was a serious power play.

City had 2 take-overs. Thaksin come in first and they signed jo, elano etc, and become mid ish table....

Then these come in, signed Robinho, lescott, adebayor, milner and barry and won titles.....

Moshiri is definitely our Thaksin - strange little fella from the East who has put money into the club but not near enough to have us signing top players and paying their ludicrous wages.

Usmanov essentially is our only hope of getting to the next level that Man City are currently at. I do fear though Moshiri does want EFC as his own project and wont let Usmanov come on board who will maybe invest via sponsorship deals at most.

City went and signed Barry Milner etc from teams below and around them, experienced premier league players to help them build their super team gradually...plus robinho adding some glitz.

Were doing things a different way but id say Digne, Mina, Bernard and Richarlison are conparable favourably with what City began buying under the Abu Dhabi regime...

City went and signed Barry Milner etc from teams below and around them, experienced premier league players to help them build their super team gradually...plus robinho adding some glitz.

Were doing things a different way but id say Digne, Mina, Bernard and Richarlison are conparable favourably with what City began buying under the Abu Dhabi regime...

the siggurdsson/lescott signings compare quite well , overpaying by a manager hell bent on 'their' target

The role Brands plays will be critical. City for me have only really clicked into a super club when they got not just Pep but the guy from Barcelona working above him (who's name alludes me). They got serious people at all aspects of the club and the waste of the Hughes era (and some of Mancini went).

We have got Brands in earlier into the process. If Usmanov becomes ore involved more money will be made available, but I think we can already see Brands is very good at most aspects of the job. He is setting in motion a coherent transfer plan which is very much the foundations that can be built upon as more money is made available.

This is the opposite of Walsh/Koeman. Throwing more money at that approach would simply not have worked.

They are investors too and will want to see a return on revenue and we already look like having a decent chance of doing that on some of the transfers we are making. Ultimately the lads who we have brought in already look our best players, thats a really positive sign.

I haven't had chance to scrutinise or comment on the Usmanov comments. Without going into chapter and verse what I find interesting is he talks as if he is someone who is already involved as opposed to someone who is not involved or someone who is just a sponsor. Whether it ever goes 'above board" in terms of his involvement will be questionable but they were not the comments of a man who has no interest.

I also think, given we have finished 7th/8th in the first 2 seasons it's well worth reflecting on the comment that we are "not where we should be". Where does he think we should be?

I haven't had chance to scrutinise or comment on the Usmanov comments. Without going into chapter and verse what I find interesting is he talks as if he is someone who is already involved as opposed to someone who is not involved or someone who is just a sponsor. Whether it ever goes 'above board" in terms of his involvement will be questionable but they were not the comments of a man who has no interest.

I also think, given we have finished 7th/8th in the first 2 seasons it's well worth reflecting on the comment that we are "not where we should be". Where does he think we should be?
@roydo reckons he meant we should be at Bramley Moore Dock
Usmanov could have meant League position , ground or both lol

Status
Not open for further replies.