The next two matches will define the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we somehow won both we'd be in 5th and three points off the rs in 4th. CL would deffo be on. That's why i said they will be season defining.

We play United the day before the rs play Bournemouth mate, we win both then we'd be level with them in 4th...

Why? We wasn't getting top 4 to begin with so its not defining the season as we will finish were we deserve to! We never win at Liverpool and old trafford is tough so to say these two games will define the season knowing our record there is daft

Because mate, the chance is there for us to get top 4 or at least go into the last 6-7 games with the very realistic chance of getting into it, but we have to do what we have failed to do for years and go to a away ground against the rs etc and perform AND get the result.

If we fail to show up in one or both these games then we can realistically say that we are not as far along in shaking our crap mentality off as we need to be.

I'm not going to hazard a prediction re: the Derby. However, we should be able to beat that lot from Stretford.

They are nowhere near the team they used to be and they've proved that on the pitch this season and last. Frankly, but for teams laying down and dying at the thought of the ghosts of Scholes, Giggs, and Gov Pisscan, they shouldn't even be where they are in the table. Of course, some dodgy refereeing decisions to try and ensure them a place in the Champions League "for the good of football" have assisted them as well. Even then, they are on the outside looking in still.

Big Nose is the only one scoring for them with any consistency. Without him they would be mid table at best. Can we take it to them and win? Yes. We absolutely can and I hope we do.

The team need to treat these matches as a semi final and final. These chances to make a big impression on the seasons outcome don't come along that often. Need to make the most of it. (but i can see me reaching for the prozac on the Tuesday @ 10pm)

we'll obviously lose both but this time I won't be that arsed as 7th is fair reflection of our squad currently.

we might have a chance of blagging a draw at Old Trafford but I'm fairly sure we're going to play exactly how we did against Spurs and get comfortably outplayed in both.
Do hope not, I'd had enough of Scottish KITAP1, without the Dutch version...and both failing...if he does then Lukaku's right about lack of ambition

I am pretty sure we went on a long unbeaten run against them in the 90s......about five of six years and including a couple Anfield vicories, most noticeably the Kanchelskis derby.

Oh, agreed - absolutely.

But when it's REALLY mattered, when we've had a chance of a sniff of a shout of doing something, we've consistently come up short - usually by some margin, too.

We might have just edged it in the first half but I wouldn't say by far.

We completely stopped Liverpool playing but yes, I suppose that at the time we were looking pretty toothless and didn't really threaten ourselves.

Second half we were dreadful like, and Koeman got his subs wrong.

Do hope not, I'd had enough of Scottish KITAP1, without the Dutch version...and both failing...if he does then Lukaku's right about lack of ambition

(hypothetically) losing two games against sides that are better than us has little to do with 'ambition' fgs... neither does having to play Barry due to injuries

if we somehow won both we'd be in 5th and three points off the rs in 4th. CL would deffo be on. That's why i said they will be season defining.
As much as anything it will be a statement of intent and would ruffle feathers, we'd be the in form team beating all comers. Momentum would be incredible.

Its a tall order, but given how the team are performing, its a possibility. We do need to avoid another Spurs and have a do or die type attitude.

The thing is we would have got a 2-2 result at Spurs had Barry actually done his job and Robles/Schneiderlein not cocking up at the back so playing defensive we will still get chances to score as their defence is nowhere near as good as Spurs.

For me If one of Schneiderlein or Mccarthy plays we'll win, if Barry plays at best we'll get a draw. Assuming Mccarthy makes it I would go:

Robles

Jagielka Williams Mori

Coleman Gueye Mccarthy Baines

Davies Barkley

Lukaku

If both are out then drop Davies back alongside Gueye and put Mirallas alongside Barkley behind Rom.

Come on lads, Leicester won the league, THEY WON THE LEAGUE. All we're asking is 2 good away performances against the top clubs. Is it too much to ask? ( I think we all know the answer btw )

(hypothetically) losing two games against sides that are better than us has little to do with 'ambition' fgs... neither does having to play Barry due to injuries
Spurs was Dutch/Scottish KITAP1 writ large, loud and clear.
going to spurs, rs, untd, away, with a damage limitation 'tulip to a flower show' attitude lacks ambition, not resources
Recently WBA (at home) lacked resources but not ambition.

It's not what you have or not, it's how you go about it, despite what you have or have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.