The next two matches will define the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Mane it is difficult to see how he is not going to have a field day with our centre halves. Koeman tried flooding midfield at Spurs, he knows he's got to counter Mane, I think we will go 3/5 at the back

I think having Tom Davies in the side will make a big difference. He doesn't seem a player who's easily cowed, which we've suffered from in countless derbies. That could see him sent off in the first five minutes, of course, but he could just as easily get the winner. Whatever, happens, he won't be anonymous.

RonKoe will not let us roll over and die at the away derby.

Lose? Perhaps. But we're going to show some fire. I predict we come up with a late equaliser to nick a point.

How utterly massive would it be if we actually won both games?!

I'm only imagining cos it just won't happen like.

Imagine it, my son.

Dream....and it will happen ;)

I just cannot wait to get at the pair of them.....I even have an OT ticket :dance:

COYBB

RonKoe will not let us roll over and die at the away derby.

Lose? Perhaps. But we're going to show some fire. I predict we come up with a late equaliser to nick a point.

Sod that, Pitt.

I don't want no steenkeen late equaliser.

A two goal cushion going into stoppage time....:dance:

I have been increasingly hopeful for the Derby, but want to see whether Schneiderlin is fit for the match. Barry is suitable for dismissing le Hull City tigres, but he's not appropriate for even mid-table competition. If Koeman has Barry in the squad, he's playing for a draw and hopeful for better results.

Because mate, the chance is there for us to get top 4 or at least go into the last 6-7 games with the very realistic chance of getting into it, but we have to do what we have failed to do for years and go to a away ground against the rs etc and perform AND get the result.

If we fail to show up in one or both these games then we can realistically say that we are not as far along in shaking our crap mentality off as we need to be.

We know the outcome of the derby ;) so it's not worth saying the season is riding on it and then Liverpool have ended it. Na

Spurs was Dutch/Scottish KITAP1 writ large, loud and clear.
going to spurs, rs, untd, away, with a damage limitation 'tulip to a flower show' attitude lacks ambition, not resources
Recently WBA (at home) lacked resources but not ambition.

It's not what you have or not, it's how you go about it, despite what you have or have not.

He got it wrong against Spurs but we still ended up making a half-decent fist of it.

He's got it right much more than he's got it wrong. We're the form team in the country at the moment.

There's no 'lacking in ambition'.

I for one am sick to death of that phrase, and how it is banded about to slam the club as soon as we lose a bloody game to a side better than us.

The next two games are gonna be tough, and as the OP states will likely decide our season in that they're games against those around us.

It's got little to do with the overall project though, which at this stage is the only 'ambition' anyone should care about.

FWIW, I think we'll get a point from both.

We haven't quite clicked away from home this season for whatever reason. Something to improve upon next term.

Status
Not open for further replies.