Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a better player then he showed last season in my opinion and wasnt as poor as some make out.

I still think he’s a good investment and will prove a very good signing.

But hey your either right or wrong, may as well back your own judgement.
I don’t get it. Care to explain what you like about Keane? He seems decent in the air defensively, but that’s all I can see.

I don’t get it. Care to explain what you like about Keane? He seems decent in the air defensively, but that’s all I can see.

Not particularly bothered about writing a big massive post about Keane, no offense mate and with all respect.

It basically boils down to whether your of he opinion that you can see quality in the lad or you don’t. I didn’t really make the point to win hearts and minds.

I’m just backing my eye and judgement, I think the lad has quality and will prove it.

I've only seen the 170k/w on here so I have no clue how accurate that is but it's going to be hard to shift him on in that time if he isn't setting the league alight. If those figures are correct.

Its the only way clubs like us can ever acheive anything though. We cant attract CL quality players so we have to sign players on big wages like City and Chelsea did before they had CL football to attract the best with.

Its alright signing a boatload of steady eddies but its just getting you 8-11th season after season.

The fight for 7th never mind 6th will be tough this year with West Ham, Wolves and Palace signing decent players, Southampton still have a half decent squad themselves.

I fear unless we bring in a quality CF, CM and CB come the windows closure we'll struggle to maintain 8th never mind push for 7th comfortably.

Its the only way clubs like us can ever acheive anything though. We cant attract CL quality players so we have to sign players on big wages like City and Chelsea did before they had CL football to attract the best with.

Its alright signing a boatload of steady eddies but its just getting you 8-11th season after season.

The fight for 7th never mind 6th will be tough this year with West Ham, Wolves and Palace signing decent players, Southampton still have a half decent squad themselves.

I fear unless we bring in a quality CF, CM and CB come the windows closure we'll struggle to maintain 8th never mind push for 7th comfortably.
Not a big fan of Leipzig this summer but they blow your foundational argument out of the water.

Not a big fan of Leipzig this summer but they blow your foundational argument out of the water.

Totalling different situation mate. Clubs from other leagues can often pick up players on the cheap / have solid scouting links / agreements in places like South America.

Sadly as soon as a selling club see's a Prem club interested the price tag is trebled and the players demand a premium wage packet. Thats the way it is now English clubs are flush and if we completely reverse last seasons tactic and go all Daniel Levy then we'll start to fall behind not only the top 6 but clubs with billionaire owners around us as we havent the stature / CL football of Spurs to attract top players without big wages.

Bang average

Got to say, I've always liked him.

But, he did definitely go off the boil due to injuries/lack of game time.

That being said, he was impressive at Inter. It surprised me that they haven't taken up the option to buy him, in all honesty. He did look really sharp and was crucial in them rallying to get into the CL.

I really dont think we could get him, Villa are desperate to get back up and he is one of there best players. Selling him wold be the type of thing Liverpool would do

Villa still need to sell, mate. If we were in for him and really wanted him, we could get him.

They'd want way more than his worth (to us) though.

Hes only got a year left, but as he says, we have other pressing needs than ANOTHER Left Winger at this point.
I was referring to West Ham buying him, not us.

Interesting though, what happens when his Porto contract ends. Is he 100% owned by the 3rd party, or does he own half of himself? Strange one.

Status
Not open for further replies.