Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

And a nope from me.

Sorry mate.
Was just trying to get opinions, I think he has potential but I do believe other options are better, but with links to Chelsea and spurs surprised we aren't interested with him ticking boxes of potential/ sell on value/ age etc.

Brahimi has been an excellent player, but he's another one who relies on his burst of pace and isn't a young lad anymore.

I would have taken Wilshire over Schnerderlin anyday of the week. Yarmolenko is a good player who ripped us apart in the Europa League and if he can get over his Dortmund spell will be a good signing for them. Not seen Anderson but if he can make a forward pass he's better than most our central midfield options.

I would take Diop (or a 3 legged donkey) over our CB's also. Brahimi and Marega would be decent additions also.

I agree on Lanzini though, a player like that is more suited in a Marco Silva midfield than Siggurdsson.

They are punts mate, players who have played at a higher level and failed, they will all show flashes of bits but if they were good they would be staying at bigger clubs, West Ham are signing reputations as opposed to players that fit a structered system in my opinion. Big fees, big wages, limited return. Exactly what we did last season and why we are fire Saleing.

I would find Wiltshire over Schnerderlin a tough call, full tilt both can be good players. I know it’s not in vogue to say, but I honestly rate Keane, one of the very few on here who do, just my judgment. Jags has been a great servent I’d honestly never criticize him and he hasn’t a role to play, I don’t really see what many see in Holgate if I’m honest. We will sign another.

Gylfi is pure quality, I’d back him to the hilt over any Brahimi or Yaramelenko.

A lot of the above isn’t the cool thing to say, as the narrative on here is to criticize our players after a scalding season, but I trust my own eye and that’s how I’d judge it.

To be honest I wouldn’t swap the deals we have done this summer (so far) over West Hams. In fact I wouldn’t swap any of our players for theirs. The only ones I really rate are Lanzini, he’s a gem. Fabianski is a more then decent keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.