Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So currently we have Holgate, Jags and Keane as CB options.

Wonder what we will do.
image_update_img[1].jpg

reckon we will see the following 11 go in the next week, some loan, some sold - Besic (sold), Robinson (loan), Pennington (loan), Vlasic (loan), Mirallas (loan), Bolasie (loan), Galloway (loan), Browning (loan), Connolly (loan), Dowell (loan) and Lookman (sold). Possibly Martina if anybody is desperado for a utility player.

Wouldn't be at all surprised though to see any of Schneiderlin, McCarthy or Sandro going too.

4 in IMO, all decent quality additions, leaving a squad of 26.
15 deals in a week...

Do you even Everton?

Its simply common sense if EFC only offer players 70-80k a week under a new wage structure and clubs like West Ham offer 120k a week the player will choose West Ham unless EFC offer CL football which we dont and can't without having CL quality players!

Its a vicious circle and one we have to tread carefully. Yes we need to cut the wage bill- but only in respect of getting crap players earning big money out the door and replacing them with quality players on the same high wage. I fear under Brands its going to be cost cutting but to the extent where we may miss out on gems.
Where are you getting that from? By all accounts, the two players we have brought in have both been gems. The problem we had was we just threw a bunch of money at a large quantity of mediocrity. Now we are spending freely but on quality.

I just fail to understand how us paying supposedly up to 50 million on a 21 year old Brazilian can make one fear cost cutting by Brands.

15 deals in a week...

Do you even Everton?
Well, when you put it like that it does seem awfully unlikely.

But I think maybe 1-2 of the ins and 4-5 of the outs have been in the works and are close to being done already, so that would really just leave major work on the last 6 or so. One thing is for sure, if its accomplished it says a lot about how competent our new DOF is. Also, we wont need to get 15 deals done this week, because every other league can still but or loan our players for an extra month.

It'd be fantastic if club legend Hibbo came back in our hour of need. But with lingering bad blood over the manner Everton abruptly terminated his contract (or at least didn't extend it), do you think Hibbo would entertain a return?
Regardless, thank you for providing the forum with a little optimism...just the slightest hope that Hibbo will return, has certainly lifted spirits around here!

I would have taken Wilshire over Schnerderlin anyday of the week. Yarmolenko is a good player who ripped us apart in the Europa League and if he can get over his Dortmund spell will be a good signing for them. Not seen Anderson but if he can make a forward pass he's better than most our central midfield options.

I would take Diop (or a 3 legged donkey) over our CB's also. Brahimi and Marega would be decent additions also.

I agree on Lanzini though, a player like that is more suited in a Marco Silva midfield than Siggurdsson.
Lanzini is out until at least December.

Wilshire and Morgan don't really play the same positions and both Yarmolenko and Andersen are wingers or outside players.

Brahimi is great, but old and on the decline and Marega is terrible.

Again, Diop better be good or else they are hosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.