Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, it is known that I know nothing; however, I spend a lot of the offseason watching matches i’ve recorded through FuboTV from the past season across a few different leagues; as I mostly stick with the EPL during the season.

Here are a few players that spring to mind, that I feel would fit the bill for what our squad needs; that seem reasonable transfers. Obviously the lower the value the greater the project, and less immediate impact. Let me know what you think: (Values from Transfermarkt.com, they seem too low but there they are all the same.)

CM:
- Piotr Zielinski - Napoli (€32M)
- Anderson Talisca - Besiktas/Benfica (€22M)
- Morgan Sanson - Marsielle (€18M)
- Wylan Cyprien - Nice (€10M)
- Oguzhan Ozyakub - Besiktas (€8M)

CB:
- Jonathan Tah - Leverkusen (€30M)
- Matija Nastasic - Schalke (€17M)
- John Brooks - Wolfsburg (€10M)
- Martin Hinteregger - Augsburg (€10M)
- Mario Hermoso - Espanyol (€5M)

Talisca is in China now and John Brooks is a walking injury.

I like Sanson, Cyprien, Tah and Hinteregger from this list.

Can’t imagine we’d let Williams go unless we were confident of a deal formone of the CB targets. We’d be left with just Jags Keane and Holgate.

Talisca is in China now and John Brooks is a walking injury.

I like Sanson, Cyprien, Tah and Hinteregger from this list.

Yeah, I didn’t do much research into the players; other than watching matches. I didn’t realize Talisca had gone out on loan again. Thank you for your thoughts and response.

Love Cyprien’s energy, and Sanson scored some great goals arriving late near the top of the box. Although, I’m a bit burned on French midfielders named Morgan.

Would anyone be happy if Everton were to try and sign jack grealish?!
£30 million may be a lot for championship player, but I feel he would have sell on value and he does have potential, and would be offer something that I don't think me currently have. (Barkley role as such).

To be fair to Sig he does have a killer pass in him at times, just can’t take a game by the scruff of the neck and pull strings. Which is what we desperately need.
True, you are right he can do it occasionally we just haven't seen it enough because he was stuck on the left most of the time. I think he will produce more this season and he's a good player. I agree though he doesn't run a game like say Arteta could.

West Ham closing in on Porto duo Marega and Brahimi according to a few places.

I hope they fall apart this year but their owners have shown big ambition in fairness in appointing title winning Pellegrini and spending the cash they have on decent signings.

West Ham closing in on Porto duo Marega and Brahimi according to a few places.

I hope they fall apart this year but their owners have shown big ambition in fairness in appointing title winning Pellegrini and spending the cash they have on decent signings.

You lost me with decent signings.

Every single signing flatters to deceive.

We can only hope, they neglect the one gem they have in Lanzinni, I’d target him next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.