Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
reckon we will see the following 11 go in the next week, some loan, some sold - Besic (sold), Robinson (loan), Pennington (loan), Vlasic (loan), Mirallas (loan), Bolasie (loan), Galloway (loan), Browning (loan), Connolly (loan), Dowell (loan) and Lookman (sold). Possibly Martina if anybody is desperado for a utility player.

Wouldn't be at all surprised though to see any of Schneiderlin, McCarthy or Sandro going too.

4 in IMO, all decent quality additions, leaving a squad of 26.
I reckon Dowell and Lookman will stay, maybe Besic and 2 more additions.

They are punts mate, players who have played at a higher level and failed, they will all show flashes of bits but if they were good they would be staying at bigger clubs, West Ham are signing reputations as opposed to players that fit a structered system in my opinion. Big fees, big wages, limited return. Exactly what we did last season and why we are fire Saleing.

I would find Wiltshire over Schnerderlin a tough call, full tilt both can be good players. I know it’s not in vogue to say, but I honestly rate Keane, one of the very few on here who do, just my judgment. Jags has been a great servent I’d honestly never criticize him and he hasn’t a role to play, I don’t really see what many see in Holgate if I’m honest. We will sign another.

Gylfi is pure quality, I’d back him to the hilt over any Brahimi or Yaramelenko.

A lot of the above isn’t the cool thing to say, as the narrative on here is to criticize our players after a scalding season, but I trust my own eye and that’s how I’d judge it.

To be honest I wouldn’t swap the deals we have done this summer (so far) over West Hams. In fact I wouldn’t swap any of our players for theirs. The only ones I really rate are Lanzini, he’s a gem. Fabianski is a more then decent keeper.

Madness , it’s not about being cool or uncool. Michael Keane is a 0.5 goal per game head start for every single club in the premier league.

Well have a cb and another wide forward lined up as incomings soon.

Hence getting shut of Williams, Mirallas, and likely Vlasic and Lookman too.

Madness , it’s not about being cool or uncool. Michael Keane is a 0.5 goal per game head start for every single club in the premier league.

He’s a better player then he showed last season in my opinion and wasnt as poor as some make out.

I still think he’s a good investment and will prove a very good signing.

But hey your either right or wrong, may as well back your own judgement.

I would have taken Wilshire over Schnerderlin anyday of the week. Yarmolenko is a good player who ripped us apart in the Europa League and if he can get over his Dortmund spell will be a good signing for them. Not seen Anderson but if he can make a forward pass he's better than most our central midfield options.

I would take Diop (or a 3 legged donkey) over our CB's also. Brahimi and Marega would be decent additions also.

I agree on Lanzini though, a player like that is more suited in a Marco Silva midfield than Siggurdsson.

Yarmolenkos spell at Dortmund isnt domeybing he can simply get get over mate, hes looked massively regressed for two seasons before he left kiev - mainly due to injury and bring played by Kiev/national side when not fully recovered from them.

He's pretty much a waste of money for west ham.

More likely Meyer and his agents are hedging theres. He won't want to be stuck there too long and get priced out of a move. I wonder if they have clause in the deal too, although release clauses are not so common in the PL I know.
I've only seen the 170k/w on here so I have no clue how accurate that is but it's going to be hard to shift him on in that time if he isn't setting the league alight. If those figures are correct.

Would anyone be happy if Everton were to try and sign jack grealish?!
£30 million may be a lot for championship player, but I feel he would have sell on value and he does have potential, and would be offer something that I don't think me currently have. (Barkley role as such).
I really dont think we could get him, Villa are desperate to get back up and he is one of there best players. Selling him wold be the type of thing Liverpool would do

Status
Not open for further replies.