Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
even less time for us to panic loan people.

I'm predicting this transfer window to be our worst yet. esp trying to ship our duds out too.
We won't even start trying to do anything until after the World Cup finishes, so we'll only have 3 and a half weeks to do any business, hopefully including bringing in a new manager...

We won't even start trying to do anything until after the World Cup finishes, so we'll only have 3 and a half weeks to do any business, hopefully including bringing in a new manager...

ive said it before and I'm normally correct, it takes us a minimum of 2 weeks to complete any one transfer.

we will be all over the shop in this window.

players will be holding out, and prices will no doubt sky rocket throughout the window, so theres the added bonus at us bulking at asking prices for players.

I'm really really not looking forward to this already.

Bisto tits will lead us to 7th place and Europa league and will be incharge next year

If the teams he's linked with have any interest at all, then we don't have a chance regardless.
Unless he wants to get paid.

Half the reporting this time of year is just silly though. There was a ridiculous Koulibaly article saying he could be had for like 40M so I would take any of it with a grain of salt.

I've heard good things about this fella. Free in the summer, surely we should (but won't) be all over this? In a position we desperately need to fill asap..

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...r-lazio-exit-in-summer-says-sporting-director

I like the quote from the sporting director at the end

"We did things the right way, but things changed at the last moment. We no longer wish to continue along this path. The only thing certain is that in the world there are no lack of players."

Lazio seem to be doing things right i'd say, clever, young, potential signings, not trying to compete with the big boys but competing in that table below which we should be in. They appear to believe they are doing the right thing re:scouting and trust they will find an able replacement

Unless he wants to get paid.

Half the reporting this time of year is just silly though. There was a ridiculous Koulibaly article saying he could be had for like 40M so I would take any of it with a grain of salt.

He will get paid regardless, if he is leaving on a free then every club in for him will offer him a huge signing on fee aswell as an inflated wage as they wont be using that money on a transfer fee

Surely will have someone else lines up. My guess is possibly Spurs and Alderweirald off to an elite club
Why do other clubs always get mint players for free / decent prices and we pay miles too much for bang average players? Way of the world I guess, same with rich people / celebrities getting things for free (Oscars' awards 'gift packs' worth about 50k spring to mind) and working-class people having to pay full price or do without, I suppose, Everton with their famed "we'll go with what we've got", etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do other clubs always get mint players for free / decent prices and we pay miles too much for bang average players? Way of the world I guess, same with rich people / celebrities getting things for free (Oscars' awards 'gift packs' worth about 50k spring to mind) and working-class people having to pay full price or do without, I suppose, Everton with their famed "we'll go with what we've got", etc.
Sandro was a very decent price when we signed him.

Sandro was a very decent price when we signed him.
Funny how we seemingly had no competition for him like, then had to send him out on loan to avoid paying him wages for nothing, and then inevitably sell him at the first opportunity.

Because players want to play for said teams, De Vrij becomes availible on a free, the bigger teams see that and say, wait 6 months and we will come in for you.
De Vrij isnt going to run his contract down and leave a performing Lazio side for us is he?
He ill do if it means getting the move to a chelsea, United or even Barca

Thats why we have to be cleverer with our signings

Status
Not open for further replies.