Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if it works out!

If he comes back at the end of the season and goes on to score 100 goals for us, it was a bargain. If we sell him for £15m at the end of the season, it was a bargain. If he stays and has another season like this one, or we just get £5/6m back for him, it wasn't a bargain. Bargains aren't bargains because they're cheap, they're bargains because they're good value. £5m per goal is not good value.

I'm not saying the lad's awful, simply that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's a £20m player who we managed to pick up for £5m, which is what I think we all thought/hoped was the case last summer. From what I've seen of him, I can't help thinking we signed him because he was £5m, rather than him being a player we really wanted who happened to only cost £5m. There's an important difference between the two.

It is if you look what we are paying per goal for Bolasie

Probably jarg.

Senegal and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly could see himself in the English Premier League, as Everton and Arsenal have shown interest.

Media reports in Europe suggest that the central defender is reportedly available for £40m and his addition could transform the Toffees.

The Lions of Teranga stalwart is a key member of the Napoli squad as they keep challenging Juventus in the Serie A title this season.

Should Napoli lift it at the end of the campaign, it will be as much to do with Koulibaly’s defensive brilliance as well as the mesmeric attacking of Dries Mertens, Marek Hamsik and Lorenzo Insigne.

Bound to represent his country at the upcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Koulibaly has evolved into one of the world’s best centre-backs during his time in Italy’s top flight.

On the other hand, it should be no surprise to learn that the habitually precarious Arsenal are also keen to pay top dollar to bring him to the Emirates.

According to Calciomercato, the Gunners have sent scouts to watch Koulibaly during Napoli’s 3-1 home defeat to RB Leipzig in the Europa League on Thursday and it is understood that he is valued at £40 million – something of a snip in today’s market for a world class centre-half.

Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri admitted to talkSPORT that he was keen to sign the Senegal international during the summer of 2016, only to back away once Napoli revealed their £60 million price-tag.

So if Maurizio Sarri’s side are willing to sell for £20 million less, Everton should not waste such an opportunity.

Moreover, the EPL side cannot afford to miss such an opportunity because their defence has been a problem for all season with 46 goals conceded in 27 league games.
Link:
https://africanfootball.com//news/7...y-Everton-Arsenal-to-tussle-for-his-signature

Yeah, that was the article. What a joke. That dude isn't going for anything less than 60-70M. If he can be had for 40M, let alone 20M, we should get him. Immediately.

A little abrupt aren't we?

Would you were a footballer, and all the top clubs in say........italy wanted you, would you chose sampdoria?
Or would you chose Milan, Juve, Inter, roma, Napoli or Lazio

The key to getting these type of players, is getting them before the big boys come in, a clear message needs to be put out to the fans, be patient, we are building here, it may take a while.
Then go and get your Dendonkers, St juste's and Ntcham's of this world and try and build a team together, De Vrij should of been got either when he left Feyernord or in his early time at Lazio, same to be said with someone like Van Dijk, get him at Celtic or even Gronigen, before anyone else wants him.
Lazio got milenkovic Savic from Genk, Leicester got Ndidi from Genk, Leverkusen got Bailley from Genk. These type of players are begining to show there worth for there teams and are being courted by the biggest clubs in europe. We need to go get players from your Genks, your Feyernoords, etc etc

Everything you said makes sense until we realise we have big Sam as manager. Case study Lookman.
Could well happen to onyekuro next season. Both with high potential to be game changer if develope properly under a correct manager.

I dont think he was given enough game time to impress for us, same goes for Klassen

they played all pre season and all Europa games, which they should have suited just fine, and then the early prem games and both showed absolutelty nothing in which THREE managers thought was worth pursuing.

yeah, they've had no minutes or time to impress. not having that BS

Bolasie's job is to score, assist and help out the full back. He does none of these 3 things.

No, it's really not. His job is usually to play wing. Part of that includes providing service to our center forward(s). He can't help it if they don't finish. He also shouldn't have to provide a ton of cover for his back - whether they are playing like a full back or not - but he does if he's playing on the left. Not really his fault if he has to do that more than get forward.

But this idea that he's out there to score goals if he's asked to stay on the touchline is just ridiculous. How many goals are scored wide of the 18?

No, it's really not. His job is usually to play wing. Part of that includes providing service to our center forward(s). He can't help it if they don't finish. He also shouldn't have to provide a ton of cover for his back - whether they are playing like a full back or not - but he does if he's playing on the left. Not really his fault if he has to do that more than get forward.

But this idea that he's out there to score goals if he's asked to stay on the touchline is just ridiculous. How many goals are scored wide of the 18?

His primary function is to score, assist, attack, link up play and help an overlapping full back. He does none of this, he is an atrocious footballer and a waste of nearly £30m.

With Sam in charge? No chance, it will be Jason Puncheon instead.
Yea I know but I would actually go for both Denis Suarez and Deulofeu of Barca as both will be going in the summer.

With Tosun acting as a pivot for those 2 and Walcott it should work. It does on FIFA. Tosun works very well when he has players willing to run past him.

Then Sigurdsson or Rooneu and Gueye behind that and that team is pretty good.

Certainly capable of playing better football than the rubbish we are seeing.

People in here argue we cant attract the top players as an excuse. The reality is there are players out there thst we can better than what we are seeing.

Watched that game last night.

Tierney may be overhyped but is a country mile ahead of anything we have at left back. Young, strong, fast, tall, decent footballer, full blooded.

I would go 20-25 million for him no worries.

Had not previously paid any attention to Ntcham last night, he looked very good.

I think for 20/25 m Shaw would be a much safer bet at LB

Everything you said makes sense until we realise we have big Sam as manager. Case study Lookman.
Could well happen to onyekuro next season. Both with high potential to be game changer if develope properly under a correct manager.

Oh yeah, agree with that bud.
Its why Fat Sam is a massive cancer to our club who needs chucking straight away (wether he will be chucked or not is another case)

According to the stats Yannick Bolasie has created 1 chance in 6 games, yes that is 1 chance

Status
Not open for further replies.