Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean mate and Schneiderlin's poor performances emphasise your point. But Smalling and Jones are first team players at United at the moment. I personally think that they would be a massive upgrade on what we have, and depending on their price could be value for money.
They are only in the first team at the moment because of injuries to others.

Maybe. But they have both formed United's pairing at centre back for near enough the whole of this season, with each of them playing 20 out of 27 games so far, and conceding just 19 goals, which is the fewest amount of goals conceded in the whole of the Premier League. They ain't crap, and they would be a massive upgrade on what we have.

Maybe. But they have both formed United's pairing at centre back for near enough the whole of this season, with each of them playing 20 out of 27 games so far, and conceding just 19 goals, which is the fewest amount of goals conceded in the whole of the Premier League. They ain't crap, and they would be a massive upgrade on what we have.
That would'nt be difficult to be honest.

Yeah we have been heavily linked with him as well.

Johnny Evans apparently has a 3 million pound release clause if West Brom go down. I can see us being in for him and maybe one of the United defenders with just 12 months left on their contracts, Phil Jones or Chris Smalling.

I'd definitely take Evans and Smalling as our starting CBs.

Been watching Celtic a few times this season.

Dembele had one poor half but barely put the effort in but was much better 2ndd half and got himself about.
Tierney, is average i think, will do well but i think there is a little over hype with regards to him
Ntcham- deffo someone we need to be looking at

Watched that game last night.

Tierney may be overhyped but is a country mile ahead of anything we have at left back. Young, strong, fast, tall, decent footballer, full blooded.

I would go 20-25 million for him no worries.

Had not previously paid any attention to Ntcham last night, he looked very good.

Reactions: dav
I'd say 2 center backs, 1 left back, 1 left wing to let Gylfi settle in the midfield where he gives his best will do it. Oh and a proper manager.

Let it rain Moshiri.

Yeah we have been heavily linked with him as well.

Johnny Evans apparently has a 3 million pound release clause if West Brom go down. I can see us being in for him and maybe one of the United defenders with just 12 months left on their contracts, Phil Jones or Chris Smalling.
Maybe he could steal a taxi and head up the M6?

Maybe with Smalling who has been error prone for a couple of seasons now (he was boss for a couple of year before that), although he's still quite good.

Jones IMO is a fantastic player, but also a sick note waiting to happen. Given a run of games and he becomes great, but when he's injured off and on he does struggle a bit. To bad, I personally think that if he'd been able to stay fit, he'd be England's best defender by a mile. He's also decent as a holding midfielder if you need to man mark someone, Ferguson used him that way a few times. Mourinho seems to favour Herrera for that sort of role.

To be honest if I had to pick any United defender it would actually be Blind, but mainly for his versatility. It would have been great if we could have picked him up in the summer as we'd have him instead of Cuco playing left back now.

We've offered a contract to a young Irish/Ghanaian winger Elvis Ansah. Man Utd, Celtic, Southampton, Brighton, Chelsea and Arsenal also offered him contracts. Everton and Man Utd both offered him contracts previously following trials, but he didn't have Irish citizenship at the time so couldn't sign for either club. That's been sorted since. All I know about him is he's 16 and supposedly has near-Olympic level sprint speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.