Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've offered a contract to a young Irish/Ghanaian winger Elvis Ansah. Man Utd, Celtic, Southampton, Brighton, Chelsea and Arsenal also offered him contracts. Everton and Man Utd both offered him contracts previously following trials, but he didn't have Irish citizenship at the time so couldn't sign for either club. That's been sorted since. All I know about him is he's 16 and supposedly has near-Olympic level sprint speed.
giphy.gif

Do you think we should replace Baines?

A-ha, tricky one. He was an outstanding, accomplished world-class left back for me to be honest. He is getting older and settling in starting 11 won't be easy for him, especially after injury. Everton needs a younger LB who is better than Cuco and Baines can be the sub. of him as long as he is healthy and still wants to be on the pitch.

Baines must remain at the club until the day he wants out. That's all.

We've offered a contract to a young Irish/Ghanaian winger Elvis Ansah. Man Utd, Celtic, Southampton, Brighton, Chelsea and Arsenal also offered him contracts. Everton and Man Utd both offered him contracts previously following trials, but he didn't have Irish citizenship at the time so couldn't sign for either club. That's been sorted since. All I know about him is he's 16 and supposedly has near-Olympic level sprint speed.

...i’m all shook up with that rumour.

Last edited:
Not sure an irish-ghanian Elvis is the Ansah to be honest.

I'll get my coat.

Heard he ain't nothing but a hound dog, crying all the time on the pitch.

Maybe. But they have both formed United's pairing at centre back for near enough the whole of this season, with each of them playing 20 out of 27 games so far, and conceding just 19 goals, which is the fewest amount of goals conceded in the whole of the Premier League. They ain't crap, and they would be a massive upgrade on what we have.
Better clubs would be interested in them but I can't imagine Jose looking to sell.

lids its a world cup year and the transfer window is shutting earlier than normal, just before the season starts instead of 2 weeks into it.

we are hardly experts in transfer deals, without any of this happening.

expect a frantic couple of loan deals in the last few days of the window.

we will defo 100% over pay for some venezualan who had a good 20 mins against peru.

lids its a world cup year and the transfer window is shutting earlier than normal, just before the season starts instead of 2 weeks into it.

we will defo 100% over pay for some venezualan who had a good 20 mins against peru.

Probably won't buy a left back the whole window then end up loaning Newcastle's 2nd choice an hour before it closes.

when was it confirmed the window will close before the season starts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.