Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how we seemingly had no competition for him like, then had to send him out on loan to avoid paying him wages for nothing, and then inevitably sell him at the first opportunity.
He scored more goals than Neymar last year and had Athletico Madrid after him, was a bargain at the time. Its like getting a gym membership for 5 pounds a month, only a good deal if you go to the gym.

He scored more goals than Neymar last year and had Athletico Madrid after him, was a bargain at the time. Its like getting a gym membership for 5 pounds a month, only a good deal if you go to the gym.
Let's be honest, if Athletico had really wanted him, they'd have got him. Will be interesting to see whether that level of club shows any interest in him at the end of this season.

I can only go off what I've seen him for us and in the under 21 tournament last season, and I just haven't seen anything that suggests he should have been a bargain. I'm not sure if he just had a bit of a 'Jelavic' run last season, he scored 7 in 7 games which is obviously a great achievement, but it may have just been a one off run which skewed his stats a little bit.

Probably jarg.

Senegal and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly could see himself in the English Premier League, as Everton and Arsenal have shown interest.

Media reports in Europe suggest that the central defender is reportedly available for £40m and his addition could transform the Toffees.

The Lions of Teranga stalwart is a key member of the Napoli squad as they keep challenging Juventus in the Serie A title this season.

Should Napoli lift it at the end of the campaign, it will be as much to do with Koulibaly’s defensive brilliance as well as the mesmeric attacking of Dries Mertens, Marek Hamsik and Lorenzo Insigne.

Bound to represent his country at the upcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Koulibaly has evolved into one of the world’s best centre-backs during his time in Italy’s top flight.

On the other hand, it should be no surprise to learn that the habitually precarious Arsenal are also keen to pay top dollar to bring him to the Emirates.

According to Calciomercato, the Gunners have sent scouts to watch Koulibaly during Napoli’s 3-1 home defeat to RB Leipzig in the Europa League on Thursday and it is understood that he is valued at £40 million – something of a snip in today’s market for a world class centre-half.

Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri admitted to talkSPORT that he was keen to sign the Senegal international during the summer of 2016, only to back away once Napoli revealed their £60 million price-tag.

So if Maurizio Sarri’s side are willing to sell for £20 million less, Everton should not waste such an opportunity.

Moreover, the EPL side cannot afford to miss such an opportunity because their defence has been a problem for all season with 46 goals conceded in 27 league games.
Link:
https://africanfootball.com//news/7...y-Everton-Arsenal-to-tussle-for-his-signature

I'd be astounded if we got Koulibaly now, especially for £40m. It'd make the reds spunking £75m on VVD look very soft.

Because players want to play for said teams, De Vrij becomes availible on a free, the bigger teams see that and say, wait 6 months and we will come in for you.
De Vrij isnt going to run his contract down and leave a performing Lazio side for us is he?
He ill do if it means getting the move to a chelsea, United or even Barca

Thats why we have to be cleverer with our signings

Why wouldn’t he?? Are you his dad and know for certain? More of a question is why is our director of football on holiday in Dubai and not selling the Everton project to him!??

Probably jarg.

Senegal and Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly could see himself in the English Premier League, as Everton and Arsenal have shown interest.

Media reports in Europe suggest that the central defender is reportedly available for £40m and his addition could transform the Toffees.

The Lions of Teranga stalwart is a key member of the Napoli squad as they keep challenging Juventus in the Serie A title this season.

Should Napoli lift it at the end of the campaign, it will be as much to do with Koulibaly’s defensive brilliance as well as the mesmeric attacking of Dries Mertens, Marek Hamsik and Lorenzo Insigne.

Bound to represent his country at the upcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, Koulibaly has evolved into one of the world’s best centre-backs during his time in Italy’s top flight.

On the other hand, it should be no surprise to learn that the habitually precarious Arsenal are also keen to pay top dollar to bring him to the Emirates.

According to Calciomercato, the Gunners have sent scouts to watch Koulibaly during Napoli’s 3-1 home defeat to RB Leipzig in the Europa League on Thursday and it is understood that he is valued at £40 million – something of a snip in today’s market for a world class centre-half.

Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri admitted to talkSPORT that he was keen to sign the Senegal international during the summer of 2016, only to back away once Napoli revealed their £60 million price-tag.

So if Maurizio Sarri’s side are willing to sell for £20 million less, Everton should not waste such an opportunity.

Moreover, the EPL side cannot afford to miss such an opportunity because their defence has been a problem for all season with 46 goals conceded in 27 league games.
Link:
https://africanfootball.com//news/7...y-Everton-Arsenal-to-tussle-for-his-signature
Maybe jarg, but better send Walshy out to Italy for a week to see if there's anything in it.

Because players want to play for said teams, De Vrij becomes availible on a free, the bigger teams see that and say, wait 6 months and we will come in for you.
De Vrij isnt going to run his contract down and leave a performing Lazio side for us is he?
He ill do if it means getting the move to a chelsea, United or even Barca

Thats why we have to be cleverer with our signings

Why wouldn’t he?? Are you his dad and know for certain?

Why is our director of football on holiday in Dubai and not selling the Everton project to him!??

How about selling Keane and using the 15 million we get on him as a sign on fee and get an upgrade on the junk we have!!

Let's be honest, if Athletico had really wanted him, they'd have got him. Will be interesting to see whether that level of club shows any interest in him at the end of this season.

I can only go off what I've seen him for us and in the under 21 tournament last season, and I just haven't seen anything that suggests he should have been a bargain. I'm not sure if he just had a bit of a 'Jelavic' run last season, he scored 7 in 7 games which is obviously a great achievement, but it may have just been a one off run which skewed his stats a little bit.

Sevilla showed an interest and they are playing United in the Champions League tomorrow. I get that he's been crap for us but buying a 21 year old striker with 14 La Liga goals in 1 season for 5 million pounds is a bargain by anyone's standards.

Sevilla showed an interest and they are playing United in the Champions League tomorrow. I get that he's been crap for us but buying a 21 year old striker with 14 La Liga goals in 1 season for 5 million pounds is a bargain by anyone's standards.
Only if it works out!

If he comes back at the end of the season and goes on to score 100 goals for us, it was a bargain. If we sell him for £15m at the end of the season, it was a bargain. If he stays and has another season like this one, or we just get £5/6m back for him, it wasn't a bargain. Bargains aren't bargains because they're cheap, they're bargains because they're good value. £5m per goal is not good value.

I'm not saying the lad's awful, simply that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he's a £20m player who we managed to pick up for £5m, which is what I think we all thought/hoped was the case last summer. From what I've seen of him, I can't help thinking we signed him because he was £5m, rather than him being a player we really wanted who happened to only cost £5m. There's an important difference between the two.

Why wouldn’t he?? Are you his dad and know for certain?

Why is our director of football on holiday in Dubai and not selling the Everton project to him!??

How about selling Keane and using the 15 million we get on him as a sign on fee and get an upgrade on the junk we have!!

A little abrupt aren't we?

Would you were a footballer, and all the top clubs in say........italy wanted you, would you chose sampdoria?
Or would you chose Milan, Juve, Inter, roma, Napoli or Lazio

The key to getting these type of players, is getting them before the big boys come in, a clear message needs to be put out to the fans, be patient, we are building here, it may take a while.
Then go and get your Dendonkers, St juste's and Ntcham's of this world and try and build a team together, De Vrij should of been got either when he left Feyernord or in his early time at Lazio, same to be said with someone like Van Dijk, get him at Celtic or even Gronigen, before anyone else wants him.
Lazio got milenkovic Savic from Genk, Leicester got Ndidi from Genk, Leverkusen got Bailley from Genk. These type of players are begining to show there worth for there teams and are being courted by the biggest clubs in europe. We need to go get players from your Genks, your Feyernoords, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.