Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton 15:00 pm Saturday 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Record breakers;
  • Everton have lost 19 competitive games in 2017-18; their most in a single season since 2005-06 (21).
  • Everton have lost their past five Premier League away games.
  • Everton have just one victory (at Newcastle) in their past 23 on the road (D9 L13).
But;
  • Stoke have extended their run of games without a win to six.
  • Stoke's Jack Butland has conceded more Premier League goals this season (49) than any other goalkeeper except Jonas Lossl (50).
However;
  • Burnley ended a run of 11 Premier League matches without a win by beating Everton at Turf Moor.
  • It was the first time Burnley have come from behind to win in 54 Premier League games under Dyche.
  • It was the first time Burnley have come from behind to win a Premier League game since May 2010.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Funes Mori Tierney
Gana Wilshire
Walcott Sigurdsson Martial
Tosun

Since we can't get a europa place realistically, It will be good for us whatever the outcome. If we win, fantastic. If we lose, the departure of big sam gets closer and more likely.

At first glance someone who has lived in a cave for years would go "Oh, this should be a simple win", but its away from home, so its highly unlikely. Yet again handed a great opportunity to get to 40 quickly, and close the gap to 7th, but sadly I dont see us taking it, even with as bad as Stoke have been.

I'd like to see us play this starting eleven:

GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman
LB: Baines
CB: Jagielka
CB: Keane
DM: Gueye
CM: Davies
CM: Rooney
RW: Walcott
LW: Bolasie
ST: Tosun

Same team for me (As I've accepted Keane will start over Holgate.)

Would like to see Klassen come off the bench for one of the midfield 3 depending on how the game is going.

Oh and Baines on pens!

I'd have the same lineup mate but I think we will see Davies pushing on rather than Rooney.
I can see Schnederlin coming in beside Gana and Rooney pushed up and Davies dropped
It’s an away game and FSA loves pints of gravy and 2 DM away from home

He’s a bit more refined at home , it’s a large wine glass of gravy

Status
Not open for further replies.