Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton 15:00 pm Saturday 17th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what made me feel old, seeing Kanchelskis come on the pitch on Saturday and turning to the bloke next to me to say "He was brilliant" and him replying "Never saw him, I was born in 1998"

I'm becoming that arl fella at the match who goes on about great players of yesteryear who the young nippers have never seen or heard of

I didn't think that could happen in the TV era, but there you go

PMSL join the old frats club at last Mikey.

Watched Stoke last night, they'll give us trouble, big side, long ball and prepared to put the foot in. The Britannia is never an easy place to go and they've got a backs against the wall attitude. Its winnable but Sham will have to use a much better system than Burnley, Watford or any other away defeats hes managed to lose

I dont actually think we will concede a goal, so we just have to hope Cenk gets more than two or three decent passes to run onto, to give us a 0:1 scoreline :)

I dont actually think we will concede a goal, so we just have to hope Cenk gets more than two or three decent passes to run onto, to give us a 0:1 scoreline :)
Short of a penalty or a Shaqiri wondergoal, we really shouldn’t be conceding.

It’s about whether we try to break down their defence

I think we're losing to Stoke

That isn't the big game though, it's Saints and Newcastle at home

Win those and we're on 43 points. I'd be shocked beyond all shock if that wasn't enough

Those are our cup finals now, Stoke is practically a free hit

PMSL join the old frats club at last Mikey.

Watched Stoke last night, they'll give us trouble, big side, long ball and prepared to put the foot in. The Britannia is never an easy place to go and they've got a backs against the wall attitude. Its winnable but Sham will have to use a much better system than Burnley, Watford or any other away defeats hes managed to lose
Having watched for the last few months how a relegation manager behaves I would predict that Stoke will go into this game not to lose. Should they lose then they are in even bigger trouble but if they can get a draw then that offers them something to build on and breaks their run of defeats.
The BFS will also treat this as an available point so the chances of a anything other than a low scoring draw or one team 'knicking it' would seem pretty low.
the BFS being a complete [Poor language removed] will go for something like;
= = Pickford = =
Coleman = =Keane = = Jags = = Baines
Schniederlin = = Guye = = Davies
= = Rooney = =
Wallcott = = = = Bolasie

2:0 Stoke. Our players' heads will be on the beach and they'll need bringing back down to reality and get themselves back up for a fight when we lose this and then the next two home games against RS and Citeh.

Don't suppose anyone here from London is driving to the game who could give us a lift? Would obviously pay my way. Long shot but just checking. Cheers :)

They will want it more as they are now desperate for points. They will be dangerous from set pieces and on the counter attack with Shaqiri, so it could easily end up 3-2 or 4-3 to them.

0-0 then.

It's a while away but I'm looking for 3 possibly 4 for Huddersfield if anyone can help? Would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.