Match Thread Stoke City vs Everton 15:00 pm Saturday 17th March

Discussion in 'Everton Forum' started by killenefc, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Getting this one in early as it’s a pretty big game for both teams. Stoke are absolutely going to need 3 points here as they have a horrendous run coming up, and our next two games aren’t too much better.

I’ve seen a fair amount of Stoke this season and they are dreadful, but we now have this mentality where we cannot win away from home which could make this a horrible fixture.

I expect Stoke to go for the win (they have to) which will leave them open and should be the perfect opportunity for us to finally break our duck and get a win by catching them on the break with some pace. I also expect Crouch to start.

A final question; who’s going to play in midfield for us now Sigurdsson has been sent to the shadow realm? For me I think it’s going to be a Rooney, Klaassen or Davies and Gueye mashup which on paper looks like the most static midfield on the planet. So tell me enlightened blues, what’s it going to be?
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. ToffeeTim

ToffeeTim Player Valuation: £70m

killenefc likes this.
  3. Connor

Connor Doing bits, here and there.

Has the potential to be the worst game in Premier League history.
  4. A team that wants to attack but can’t vs a team that isn’t sure it even wants to play football.

One for the ages
  5. everton1953

everton1953 Player Valuation: £500k

Same team again unless Siggy is out. I would drop Davies but who else is any good? Klassen would regard football at Stoke as the pit of hell. Probably lose this 2-0 with Crouch overpowering Keane and striking terror into our keeper. They have to win this.
    Niapper likes this.
  6. Connor

Connor Doing bits, here and there.

1-0, Shaqiri, 90+8
  7. paulbefc

paulbefc Player Valuation: £70m

How is this a big game for us?
    yakublue likes this.
  8. From 30 yards, with his right foot, taking 4 deflections
  9. liamefc91

liamefc91 Player Valuation: £1.5m

Gana in for siggy. Push davies foward a bit. 4-3-3.
  10. hayatcokgarip

hayatcokgarip Player Valuation: £500k

AlexEFC92 and oglop44 like this.
  11. jaycee

jaycee Player Valuation: £50m

I can see this ending with plenty of high sixes among the Stoke fans
  12. Caolam

Caolam Player Valuation: £35m

I don't like the noises Fat Sam is making about this one. Sitting back against Stoke is ridiculous,
  13. crockyblue79

crockyblue79 Player Valuation: £950k

If we lose this we will have lost every single away game league and cup between boxing day and the end of March,with no more aways until mid April,that will surely be a club record worst.
    billyblue80 and Khalekan like this.
  14. blue61

blue61 Player Valuation: £70m Forum Supporter

Worth a bet this. 28/1 on pp.
  15. 4737carlin

4737carlin Player Valuation: £70m

Back to back wins, might see Sam get a contract extension if he can pulll this off!!