SHARP NAMED EVERTON PLAYERS' LIFE PRESIDENT

Status
Not open for further replies.
President you say? Is he going to make Everton geat again?

I liked Sharp as a player, he did wonderful things for us. I don't begrudge him earning his corn from Everton, but I wasn't happy with what he said not too long ago and I don't really see the point in making up a title. Everyone can see he is prominent at the club, why bother giving a fancy name to that job, just give him more to do.

Kenwright special. Jobs for the boys!

utterly made up and pointless job title and role.

sharp was advocating for us to know our level and hire some moyes type manager a couple of months ago.

supposed to be trimming the deadwood not adding more and more waste.

still a romantic old museum...

Bit sad this. Who'd have thought folk over-analyse and exaggerate on the internet eh?!

Sharp was a brilliant player for us and played a key role in one of our greatest ever teams.

You all know bugger all about the stuff behind the scenes with Kenwright.

Life is short - maybe try enjoying it a bit more.

I’ll enjoy it more when Kenwright is gone.

Sharps record of a goal ever 2.79 or as we say 1 in 3 games would probably get slated on here as not good enough haha.

Don’t understand the beef here. The bloke is a legend and has been given additional responsibility and a direct line into the board. They’ll ultimately be the judge of his value or otherwise.

I dont think many of the negative points are about Sharp as a person or player, or begrudgery, there is just no need to be creating a nothing role with zero effect, to likely give the lad more money, there is a clear in and out crowd though and that is based on Bills likes and dislikes, that is what annoys me about this.

Lets be honest Sharpy is the public face of the party line internally, the stalking horse to be wheeled out in the echo, website and radio city to provide the club narrative and provide that interface and sugar coat the boards message through a figure of affection for the fans.

Where is Southhall, Rathcliffe, Mick Lyons and for that matter Waggy, they arent in the in crowd but as worthy as Sharpy. Hell even speedo Mick is worthy of a role.

Bill is also keen to personally rectify his own regrets using Everton cash. Bringing back Rooney that cost us 10s of million, he had Ferguson back for his second spell when it was clear he was plauged by injuries costing the club millions. Jeffers as well he brought him back as a coach out of sentimentality and to reconncile him leaving all those years ago. We should have gone all out for Lee Carsley in that role who has turned in to one of the top and most respected youth coaches in the entire game.

Sentimentality, ego and picking and choosing the in crowd isnt a healthy way to run a club in my opinion.

Ive no beef with Shapry, hell i like Bill and have always defended what he has done for the club, but its his actions like this i disagree with and is unnecessary and smacks of ego, sentimentality and a part of the culture at the club that is based on personal emotion and not competency .

Last edited:
Where does the £100k figure come from? I understand the feelings towards BK etc but let's not assume or make stuff up.

Sharpy has been a great servant to the club, on and off the pitch imo. When I brought my lad over to Goodison for the first time abar 10 years ago we had seats in the main stand right behind him. Sharpy went out of his way to talk to my 8 year old at halftime, passed his proey around all the other ex-players commentating etc and got autographs for him. Lovely fella (as was Snods).

What a gigantic piece of non-news. As if anybody is the slightest bit bothered about such an appointment.

I remember when I was 16, Sharp's son Chris played with me in my team in Ellesmere Port, I think for one or a maximum of two seasons. He wasn't that good to be honest, but looks like he's somehow forged a low-level career from the game, likely based on his dad's name. Anyway, his dad would always - and I mean every game - stand nowhere near the other parents and watch the game from behind one of the goals. Found that a bit weird. My dad is a die-hard Blue and Sharpy is one of his heroes, I bet he'd have loved to get to know him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.