Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have overtaken us within a year of being in the Premier League.

They were 7th favourite for the title this year and are already 7th favourite for the title next year.

Everything is hunky-dory.

Money talks, they have plenty and sky will be happy to accept a midlands team into the 'big 7'

Got to say I'm gutted we wont be getting 7th. If we want to progress then exposure in Europe, even in the Europa, is needed. It's a good tourney to give the youngsters more game time and theres always that sneaky route into the champions league. I dont think Europa is an attraction for bringing in players, they will come to play in the league not the Europa but was still hoping to see us have a go.

We haven't been quite good enough. That's the challenge for next year. Sound recruitment in the summer. A solid pre season. Improved points tally and league position. Significant improvement to our performance in cup competitions. Silva has to deliver these targets and the club need to do what they can to get him the players required to help him achieve these targets. I'm disappointed we won't be in europe, but I'm more optimistic for next season than I was two months ago.

Not sure about this mate, we shouldnt be competeing with Wolves anyway, mainly because i cant believe there scouting is as good as ours

You are right we shouldn't be competing with them but while we let teams like Burnley last season and Wolves and possibly Watford finish above us this, that is who we are competing against.

We had that big PR drive when we were the best of the rest but we have slipped further behind since. Next season is critical now, we have a decent core group of players to work with, add a couple but keeping the same basic layout we have to leave the transition excuses behind and deliver a respectable mid sixties points total. If we don't the gems we do have might down tools or look to move on and we will be back to square one again.

We are in decent form the last month but it seems we are almost as far away points wise as we were when we were absolutely dire. Ev that.

Does anybody know what shop does Fulham jerseys. Asking for an enemy. The douche in all my reflective devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.