Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were 7th favourites this season.

Why does it matter?

United were favourites and moyes got them 7th.

Leicester were 500 to 1 and won the league.

We were being tipped to go down when we came 4th.

I could go on.....

Are we better set to have a good season next year now than we were last year? I think yes. The bookies can think what they want. I couldn't care less.

Are you going to put a bet on them then:)
No, but that’s not the point being made, is it?

Wolves have come up and within one season reached our level, some may even say surpassed. We’re no longer viewed as the best team to join outside of the Top 6.

Why does it matter?

United were favourites and moyes got them 7th.

Leicester were 500 to 1 and won the league.

We were being tipped to go down when we came 4th.

I could go on.....

Are we better set to have a good season next year now than we were last year? I think yes. The bookies can think what they want. I couldn't care less.
It’s about club perception. Wolves are now viewed as a more capable club than Everton.

We’re slipping behind yet another club right before our eyes.

We won’t do anything next season, because failure, and acceptance of it, is ingrained within this club.

There is no pressure for success, therefore we never achieve it.

It’s about club perception. Wolves are now viewed as a more capable club than Everton.

We’re slipping behind yet another club right before our eyes.

We won’t do anything next season, because failure, and acceptance of it, is ingrained within this club.

There is no pressure for success, therefore we never achieve it.

Well I think we will finish above wolves next year. Anyone who sees wolves as a bugger club than everton after 1 season is quite frankly a bit daft.

If you are so sure then put your money were your mouth is.

Wolves have come up and within one season reached our level, some may even say surpassed. We’re no longer viewed as the best team to join outside of the Top 6.

That's because our level diminished last season and this season, New manager /players etcetera had to bed in. Wolves have done very well I'll admit, they have their own super agent on board, which has helped and the same manager, settled team on board, which again has helped. We will be better next year and I am quite confident, will finish above Wolves next year.

Well I think we will finish above wolves next year. Anyone who sees wolves as a bugger club than everton after 1 season is quite frankly a bit daft.

If you are so sure then put your money were your mouth is.
The bookmakers have seen Wolves as a bigger draw than Everton now for two seasons on the run. The pundits view Wolves as a better club and they’ve also got very wealthy investors.

Bet on us not to win anything or have League success? It would be like buying money.

I honestly doubt that. One season in the Prem, and they're viewed as more capable than us? I recall Bolton, Ipswich, Hull and many other clubs having good first seasons after promotion - where are they now?
They didn’t have a very ambitious board of directors.

I love the way you present this as some sort of deep thought when it's pure trivia. Everyone knows how many points each team has this season! Did Burnley "reach our level" last season before having a relegation battle this season? Or Newcastle under Pardew before being relegated? Nope.

And how we are 'viewed' has no bearing on what we actually are. When we spunked £200m on Klaassen, Sandro etc., the media were calling it a 'top 7' before the season started! They can view it how they like. Wolves have been riding a wave and will almost certainly fall back next season unless they invest extremely well.

finally have a dof who does he job, silva has got the team understanding how he wants them to play, already seems to be chemistry in the team now bernard and digne, hopefully we see gomes signed and add a few more who can make an impact next season. After the end of last season i thought it was a nightmare now i see progression will take time but we are in the right direction

IMO, I think this is their high water mark. I don't see them going on to challenge the top 4. I mean, no actual disrespect to them, but who wants to come to the PL and play for Wolverhampton? Mendes(?) got them a ton of talent that would never have gone there, I can't see him getting next tier players there tho.

On a side note, did they ever settle with Benfica over Patricio?

IMO, I think this is their high water mark. I don't see them going on to challenge the top 4. I mean, no actual disrespect to them, but who wants to come to the PL and play for Wolverhampton? Mendes(?) got them a ton of talent that would never have gone there, I can't see him getting next tier players there tho.

On a side note, did they ever settle with Benfica over Patricio?
Rewind to 2008 and people were saying 'who would want to join Man City?'

Unsure, tbh.

Rewind to 2008 and people were saying 'who would want to join Man City?'

Unsure, tbh.
Yeah but times have changed SPECIFICALLY because of City. Even tho their owner is worth about 6x more than ours, he still can't just buy everyone. We, at least, already have the base for wages in place.

I see them making a splash this summer but not anyone "oh wow, we are in trouble". And, if they actually GET Europe, I see them bottom half next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.