Players who you wished they'd gave more of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

First name of my list is Liam Walsh! That team had so many talented players that just needed a shot. Walsh though always stood out head and shoulders above the others who if you remember included Dowell, Davies (a touch younger)..
Him moving on was the straw that broke the back for me.. Davies came through a little later but Walsh was such a joy to watch .. gutted ..

Kean… ridiculous that this talent wasn’t given an inch of the time DCL got.. with a ceiling even now I believe is far higher than DCL will ever be.

Then I always remember Lookman buzzing and being exciting but being dropped for a totally ineffectually Bernard.. never ever saw anything in Bernard that I saw in Lookman.

… Dowell I believed could have been given a far bigger shot with that wand of a left foot.
Gordon should have had more chances last season and kept with the team

I would like to have seen more of Gibson but that won’t happen now. Seems Branthwaite will get better treatment but who knows.

As someone who believes in deliberate youth development with game time that is meaningful
I could go on..

First name of my list is Liam Walsh! That team had so many talented players that just needed a shot. Walsh though always stood out head and shoulders above the others who if you remember included Dowell, Davies (a touch younger)..
Him moving on was the straw that broke the back for me.. Davies came through a little later but Walsh was such a joy to watch .. gutted ..

Kean… ridiculous that this talent wasn’t given an inch of the time DCL got.. with a ceiling even now I believe is far higher than DCL will ever be.

Then I always remember Lookman buzzing and being exciting but being dropped for a totally ineffectually Bernard.. never ever saw anything in Bernard that I saw in Lookman.

… Dowell I believed could have been given a far bigger shot with that wand of a left foot.
Gordon should have had more chances last season and kept with the team

I would like to have seen more of Gibson but that won’t happen now. Seems Branthwaite will get better treatment but who knows.

As someone who believes in deliberate youth development with game time that is meaningful
I could go on..
I remember when Davies got included for the first time in the match day squad. I wrongly assumed it was Dowell. Davies hadn’t even registered as being ready for it. Dowell had so much class at that level. Still might do it for Norwich.

Beardsley
Outstanding player for us in such a very poor side unfortunately, he was so far ahead of the rest of the team football brain wise it was unreal,I still think he was trying to get on the end of his own throw ins/corners/passes/free kicks, fantastic work ethic,I am quite sure if not for him ,Waggy and Big Nev we would have been relegated with that side.

I remember when Davies got included for the first time in the match day squad. I wrongly assumed it was Dowell. Davies hadn’t even registered as being ready for it. Dowell had so much class at that level. Still might do it for Norwich.

Davies coming through was a bit from left field. I remember the buzz when apparently he trained with England at 17 once cos they needed someone.. .. but he’s a good player (underestimated by our fans) and I have a lot of time for him.

David Smallman (1975-1980)

He showed some initial promise, but unfortunately this fella was the king of the sick-note…

In 5 years at the club he spent 50 months having treatment, he suffered two broken legs, a dislocated shoulder, torn hamstring, knee ligament damage and phlebitis of the calf amongst other things.
Ahead of his time

Status
Not open for further replies.