Players who you wished they'd gave more of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloydystark

Player Valuation: £35m
We've just witnessed Kean going after after season loan spell and a season of sub appearances and it may come back to haunt us but anyone else who you wished we've gave more of a chance.....

Easy to say in hindsight, but..

Mustafi did well after he left, think we missed a bit of a trick there.

Vlasic was a bit of a victim of circumstance in that he came in during the same summer as Rooney, Sigurdsson & Klaasen. Given a proper run it's possible he could've made that no. 10 role his own. Be interesting to see how he gets on at West Ham.

I actually think Beni should've been involved more after he returned from that injury. Prior to that he looked decent whenever he played, certainly looked to have promise. Nice to see him starting at Hearts really well.

We haven't tended to get too many of these wrong in fairness to us.

Someone mentioned Mustafi above which is fair enough because he racked up some big transfer fees, but when you think about the fact the we had the likes of Jags, Lescott and Distin amongst a couple of others who he would have never displaced, not mentioning that he was absolutely crap for Arsenal, you have to say that Moyes made the right call on him.

Vlasic I think is one that we'll really look back on angrily if he rips it up at West Ham. I think we sold him permanently in the same summer that we signed Iwobi and given that they play in similar positions we've arguably already lost on that one. Always liked the look of him and I remember being quite excited during Marco Silva's tenure at the thought of Lookman and Vlasic getting a lot more game time. Shame how it all fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.