Players who you wished they'd gave more of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
John O`Kane.

Thought he was a great buy from Man U for £250 000 back in the 90`s.

Neat and tidy full back, with great vision and a nice passing range.

Turns out he had problems off the pitch.

What were his off field problems mate? I remember an article from him a few years after he left Everton and he just basically said he wasn't even that arsed about football and it was just something he was decent at and was only bothered about money. He mentioned Everton were great cos it wasn't as stressful as Utd and the coaching was well easier.

Basically sounded like he was having a holiday at Everton and wasn't that arsed, but I don't know his background.

What were his off field problems mate? I remember an article from him a few years after he left Everton and he just basically said he wasn't even that arsed about football and it was justbskmething he was decent at and was only bothered about money. He mentioned Everton were great cos it wasn't as stressful as Utd and the coaching was well easier.

Basically sounded like he was having a holiday at Everton and wasn't that arsed, but I don't know his background.

From what I read, gambling and depression. Had a bit of a difficult childhood by all accounts too.

Came across as a real nice lad.

What were his off field problems mate? I remember an article from him a few years after he left Everton and he just basically said he wasn't even that arsed about football and it was just something he was decent at and was only bothered about money. He mentioned Everton were great cos it wasn't as stressful as Utd and the coaching was well easier.

He's on Twitter, and has written a book about his troubles.

I was going to say Phil Jevons as a joke.. then I wondered what he is at these days so I googled him, turns out he's an academy coach for Everton.. even the joke players get jobs at Everton.

David Smallman (1975-1980)

He showed some initial promise, but unfortunately this fella was the king of the sick-note…

In 5 years at the club he spent 50 months having treatment, he suffered two broken legs, a dislocated shoulder, torn hamstring, knee ligament damage and phlebitis of the calf amongst other things.

David Smallman (1975-1980)

He showed some initial promise, but unfortunately this fella was the king of the sick-note…

In 5 years at the club he spent 50 months having treatment, he suffered two broken legs, a dislocated shoulder, torn hamstring, knee ligament damage and phlebitis of the calf amongst other things.

Fabian Delph laughs at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.