New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Benitez is announced I am not playing into this it's all about Rafael game the media and he likes to play because he has a huge ego and wants to publicise himself all the time. It's about US. When he is gone the club will still be here and so will we.

People probably don’t post because of the abuse and negativity if you voice an opinion that’s different to theirs,
You might have a leg to stand on there if you hadn't gone 13 years without a single post until a month ago.

You aren't the only sleeper account to suddenly start posting now and not the only one posting in favour of Benitez.

This is where the club has been *clever*: dosing the prospect of Benitez to get a reaction out the way before finally doing what most fans describe as "putting us out of our misery" and finally unveiling him. Like a large fish on a hook reeled out and reeled in to tire it out.

Basically we've had our expectations managed for the best part of a fortnight. The 'reveal' will be less of a blow.
They have underestimated how little there is to do at the moment. Everyone who was going to be furious is still going to be furious.

Other managers do exist. In fact any of those above are preferable as well.

There are hundreds of appointments out there which would not be so overtly divisive.

The idea that these managers listed are more risky than Benitez is something I don't quite understand.
But who realistically?

Support for Benitez seems to be along the lines of 50% strongly oppose, 30% somewhat oppose, 10% meh, 10% support.
I'd imagine this is probably reflected in club employees. Which seems mad.
The whole club will be at such a low ebb starting the season.
He does have a favorable run of fixtures to start, if he doesn't do well in them it's gonna get very messy very quick.
Seems like a daft gamble to me.

This is where the club has been *clever*: dosing the prospect of Benitez to get a reaction out the way before finally doing what most fans describe as "putting us out of our misery" and finally unveiling him. Like a large fish on a hook reeled out and reeled in to tire it out.

Basically we've had our expectations managed for the best part of a fortnight. The 'reveal' will be less of a blow.
Sadly, I suspect you are dead on with this, Dave.

I think he eventually got in a man he could manipulate to a degree (at least at first). This Benitez appointment will signify that Kenwright is in the bin, IMO.

Are you ‘coming round to’ the prospect of Bentitez as manager? Genuine question , not trying to stir anything, just that I thought you would be one of the most anti-Benitez posters but I’m not getting that impression from your last few posts.

personally, I don’t like the fella (for reasons documented by lots of people on this thread) but I must admit there is part of me thinking “sod it, if he gets us results and we finally win something then who gives a flying one?”

the worrying aspect for me is if we lose 3 on the bounce … Goodison will be Allardyce x10 for fume levels

Status
Not open for further replies.