New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Usmanov comes in we are going to be stuck as there no way Usmanov who is one of the richest men in the world would have the Twits in charge of us
Astounding how people see Rich=footballing brains and success. The glazers have ran United horribly and Mike Ashley speaks for himself. Stop equating money with footballing intelligence. And that's ignoring all of the reports in the media that this was his idea in the first place

Whether we like it or not we are a small club, we have been for decades of mismanagement with managers players and mentality, the club is rotten to the core and needs a massive overhaul to compete with the bigger clubs Chelsea Man city and even Leicester now are all streets ahead of us, I know this will upset some fans but give your head a wobble and smell the coffee.

We have achieved Zilch in decades, that is not the actions of a big club
It’s the people in charge that have set this club backwards
Everton don’t deserve it’s fans TBH
The board are pathetic and take the supporters for granted
Everton’s DNA was always to be the best or at least try to be
Unfortunately a certain actor who has been in charge has made us what we are today

Its not being a drama queen its just being realistic.

If anything its you who is partaking in the dramatics by living in cloud cuckoo land thinking everything will be fine.

As I mentioned earlier, I love a bit of chaos so if its going to happen then lets see it.
No one knows if he’ll be a success or not, I’m just not jumping on the bandwagon of writing him off before he’s even got the job,

This is where the club has been *clever*: dosing the prospect of Benitez to get a reaction out the way before finally doing what most fans describe as "putting us out of our misery" and finally unveiling him. Like a large fish on a hook reeled out and reeled in to tire it out.

Basically we've had our expectations managed for the best part of a fortnight. The 'reveal' will be less of a blow.
I'd say the opposite to be honest. Shock and awe would have been the better bet, announce it immediately, let everyone fume and then it eventually subsides. Doing it this way just causes far more unrest. Not everybody is on here or twitter or whatever, there are still a significant portion of fans who are going to be shocked if this happens. Even on here where it's being widely discussed there are plenty of people still confident that it won't be going ahead and is a smokescreen. If that's what they've tried to do then they've made a terrible error from a comms point of view.

You got me , I joined in 2008 and have been biding my time for the last 13 years until Benitez became linked with the Everton job! Think my first post was ancelotti leaving? No ulterior motive been supporting Everton since days of snods and Alan Harper, not working at the moment so got nothing better to do
Let's be honest now. That isn't why you've been signed up since 2008 with no posts. It's so you can take screenshots of the RS thread for RAWK because you can't read it without an account.

Away with you.

bit in bold is true, we need a serious rethink about the clubs footballing operations and the way we go about things... This appointment does nothing to curtail that, it just adds to another cycle of rubbish managers coming in for 8-18 months and being given massive pay offs.

That is ridiculous.
Spot on this - whilst I appear to have a little more tolerance for the Benitez appointment than most it’s a minor issue compared to the work needed behind the scenes.

The whole footballing operation needs ripping up and starting again - get our backsides round to the likes of rb Leipzig, Dortmund, Ajax and see how they’ve done it - get the best people that money will buy in the key positions. Set a style of play (preferably one that’s uses goodison to its max - front foot aggressive football) that permeates through the club from under 7’s upwards. Revamp the entire recruitment operation - how’s about we buy some of the next big things before they cost £50-60m.

Invest in all of the latest technologies/sports science and go recruit some young revolutionary coach we’ve never heard off that’s currently tearing up the Spanish third division. Explain to the fans that is a longer term process and plead for some patience.

I’ll get off my soapbox

People keep saying Moshiri has wasted money over five years, yes and a lot of it is on him making bad decisions and appointments and not allowing football people to make the football decisions.

Think you should give whoever gets the job a chance, what is booing on his first game gonna achieve?
But he is a divisive character and the board know that. They are causing this and know full well the split it will cause. Stop having a go at fans being fed up of having to watch awful football and not just willing to roll over and clap every crap appointment that they decide to make, especially when it's already causing this much crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.