New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After recently relegated Moyes just finished above King Kong Carlo im done predicting what a manager will or will not do unless its a proven dosser like Howe/Martinez.

Got to give the bloke a clean slate and judge him on what he does at Everton - that was the problem with Ancelotti he was bullet proof in the eyes of some because of what he had done with other clubs not what was in front of our very own eyes happening here !!

I wasn't a Carlo fanboy by any stretch, and some of the footy he served up was absolute gash, but I could see some progress in what he was trying to do.

Ancelotti crapping all over us was a kick in the nethers, simply because of the lies about how much he loved it here and he was in for the long haul.

I've already said, any new manager will have to earn the loyalty and support with results on the pitch, and I will always get behind Everton, no matter who is in the hot seat.

The problem with benitez is he is starting from a practically untenable position with the fan base - it feels doomed from the get go, and I don't see him as anything like the most suitable candidate in footballing terms, regardless of his murderpool leanings and past.

He's yesterday's man for what now seems to be yesterday's club, and that isn't acceptable to me.

Long time lurker.

I have to put this out in the public domain.

First home game of the season, I have provisionally booked a banner plane calling for Rafael to be sacked.

Cost will be around 500 pounds. I am putting the money down myself.

I will now allow our name to be dragged through the mud.

If Crystal Palace can identify a better manager, we should demand more.

I believe with fan pressure we can remove Rafael by Xmas and start again.

He will not last 18 months either way.

The lad, who does twitter, says he sees a sudden increase in people saying...nobody minded Beardsley or Sheedy etc so why the fuss.

club plants and happy clappers????
Preparing the way.
When do England play? They'll slide the news out under all that hype

Or we win 1-0 and their fans are fuming.

People need to stop fuming over imaginary scenarios that haven't even happened yet.

I have to be honest, from the converstions I have had with reds they fall into 2 categories on this;
1) Heartbroken/angry- wanting to kill Benitez for being a Judas
2) Convinced he is an actual agent sent in to send us down.

The latter not in a sort of jokey/banter way either, like we might joke about how FSG love United/the Glaziers for having their statement on the board but deep down you know it's b/s but it's funny ammo. They genuinely believe Benitez is just here to wind us up for laughs for them.

The 2nd category are going to get a pretty big shock, when they realise their precious "Rafael" actually really wants the job and is not going to call us a small club in the 1st press conference etc etc.

This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.

I highly doubt they will be singing his name in the derby, and I would imagine the relationship will be long soured by then.

This appointment is mutually assured destruction all around.

Whoever gets the gig we need to fully get behind them
I know the upset if certain people are appointed and I get it but what I don’t want is for the club and fan base to be split
This will be disastrous for us as the club is about 3 steps back from last season
We cannot afford any more negativities

I know the upset if certain people are appointed and I get it but what I don’t want is for the club and fan base to be split
This will be disastrous for us as the club is about 3 steps back from last season
I trust you and the other nine people are getting yourselves ready.

It's already happened. The split is there. Fed up of being told I have to just get behind whoever it is, as if I can't think for myself.

Nah I can't get behind something which I know is extremely divisive, makes lots of people upset, and I expect to go catastrophically wrong.

You should ask the club why they are planning an appointment which will cause so much division, rather than wondering why people are annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.