New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this rational approach to this mate, I don't like the fact of what's happening, but this is a rational approach.

I think the main risk when looking at this has got to be to do with attendance within the ground, especially when pushing for a larger stadium. Attendances go down which would surely have a knock on effect.

I wonder if the pandemic has made the club think this is easier to do as reduce capacity won't show the sheer idiocy of this appointment with footfall.

Fans have every right to be emotional about this imo, you're right though, the board are going to be less so - however with DBB and Kenwright I would have thought the "fan" would have a voice and say he wouldn't be ever accepted which might lead to the above scenario.
I think the new stadium has an awful lot to do with the decision. Since the decision was taken on BMD, we have experienced a global pandemic and an attempt by the "big 6" to break away from the PL. Now both of those issues would have had an impact on revenue and future potential investment. So this decision I think will be based on the boards attempt to minimise any further future risk to revenue and investment.

However we do have an elephant in the room and that is Benitez and his comments about us being a small club. I don't think its entirel an ex-RS issue, as most I think would gladly accept Rodgers if he was available. This Elephant carries with him a risk of alienating the fanbase. So how do they mitigate this risk - that is the big question?

I can only think that somehow Usmanov and Moshiri are going to back him up with big money in the transfer market. Then if Brands brings the right players in (fast, technical, passionate, flexible) then the fans will start to see our team again and not just a Benitez team, as in all reality he will just be the coach.

So yes I think initially attendences will be lower than expected next season, and the atmosphere will be toxic in the ground - but I hope that this will change over time and we start to see us playing decent footie with some proper players.

As for Kenwright - he was first pushing for Moyes - then for Martinez! He needs mitigating

I think the new stadium has an awful lot to do with the decision. Since the decision was taken on BMD, we have experienced a global pandemic and an attempt by the "big 6" to break away from the PL. Now both of those issues would have had an impact on revenue and future potential investment. So this decision I think will be based on the boards attempt to minimise any further future risk to revenue and investment.

However we do have an elephant in the room and that is Benitez and his comments about us being a small club. I don't think its entirel an ex-RS issue, as most I think would gladly accept Rodgers if he was available. This Elephant carries with him a risk of alienating the fanbase. So how do they mitigate this risk - that is the big question?

I can only think that somehow Usmanov and Moshiri are going to back him up with big money in the transfer market. Then if Brands brings the right players in (fast, technical, passionate, flexible) then the fans will start to see our team again and not just a Benitez team, as in all reality he will just be the coach.

So yes I think initially attendences will be lower than expected next season, and the atmosphere will be toxic in the ground - but I hope that this will change over time and we start to see us playing decent footie with some proper players.

As for Kenwright - he was first pushing for Moyes - then for Martinez! He needs mitigating

For me mate now its got nothing to do with him being ex RS ( I would take Rogers even if he did come back to Liverpool to get back into Chelsea Harwoods Bed), nothing to do with the small club, its to do with he is a poor manager who plays poor football.

If he played boss footy it wouldn't bother me too much, id get past it with a few wins. He's pragmatic, plays boring football and we have spent 3 weeks coming to the conclusion the free manager around the corner is going to be the best solution. Thats the part I am struggling with. With Sam everyone gritted their teeth, we knew what we where getting, with Benitez he's marketed as this world class coach, he just isn't anymore.

No the post said:

So that was entirely the point being made.

Ancelotti very much got away with the home record, partly because there were no fans in and partly because he was well liked/seen as a bit out of our league and people were wary of rocking the boat. I think you're looking at it the wrong way round with the finishing position personally, we were 2nd at christmas and fell away quite spectacularly. There were plenty who could see that a finish around 10th was on the cards because of how we were playing and the results we were getting, but some people were insistent on saying 'we're only x points off 4th', ignoring the fact that we were moving down the table and showing absolutely no signs of catching those points up. Benitez would most definitely not be treated the same way, a poor performance and result on the opening day and the knives will be well and truly out.
Spot on

For me mate now its got nothing to do with him being ex RS ( I would take Rogers even if he did come back to Liverpool to get back into Chelsea Harwoods Bed), nothing to do with the small club, its to do with he is a poor manager who plays poor football.

If he played boss footy it wouldn't bother me too much, id get past it with a few wins. He's pragmatic, plays boring football and we have spent 3 weeks coming to the conclusion the free manager around the corner is going to be the best solution. Thats the part I am struggling with. With Sam everyone gritted their teeth, we knew what we where getting, with Benitez he's marketed as this world class coach, he just isn't anymore.
Fair points - but then we're back to the issue of finding a world class coach who carries low risk and is available right away. Fact is there isn't one that I'm aware of.

I don't know mate - Carlo 'kin shafted us big-time. I think we just have to accept that we are entering a dark period for our club, but at the end of the day it's our club. Moshiri, Usmanov, Benitez, Brands will come and go but Everton FC will still be there and so will we.

It's gonna be tough - I doubt anyone of us has the answers. I'm just gonna hang in there because.

Status
Not open for further replies.