New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people not have different opinions without being Liverpool supporters ? Benitez would not be my choice but he may be the choice of some.

There are a few regular posters on here over the years that I would suggest support clubs other than Everton but I haven't seen a campaign to purge the site of them.

Possibly you could let us all know what an acceptable attitude would be for members going forward ?

As it happens it seems to me that Liverpool supporters are as unhappy about this as we are as they feel it will ruin his legacy at their club and there is always the lurking dread that he may be a success at Everton.
Well whatever rocks their world is generally fine with me but there are others here with an agenda, most definitely!

Most can be spotted anyway and perhaps my choice of wording could be better.

I'm not here to be an Arbiter of what is acceptable I'm sure Mods etc can do that without my little voice having any bearing on it and fair play to them if they do, but if there are WUM kopites on here then those that are spotted and called out for it, then that's fine with me.

You seem to take some offence at my post though which is surprising?

if they are offended by his much heralded arrival at Everton then that's also up to them, couldn't give a rats ass to what kopites feel to be honest but for me personally he is not for us, never will be and is a very serious error of judgement at board level

hope that's cleared it up for you!

Eh the rumours of meeting on the yacht with Usmanov, where has that come from exactly, I thought it was a joke but too many people are mentioning it

5592d6f8c06cbce7da3f7c630e637263.gif

love it lol

That isn't the point that was being made.

The point originally was that Ancelotti got away with last season.
I disagreed and pointed out that our finishing position was possibly the lowest we had been all season, so Ancelotti was probably being judged more harshly than what the season merited. I don't think Benitez was part of the discussion at all.

However, you are right , if Benitez had a home record similar to last season I think it would be a challenge for him to get out of Goodison alive.
No the post said:
Ancelotti got away with alot last season because of who he was, that luxury will not be afforded to Benitez, quite the opposite IMO.....
So that was entirely the point being made.

Ancelotti very much got away with the home record, partly because there were no fans in and partly because he was well liked/seen as a bit out of our league and people were wary of rocking the boat. I think you're looking at it the wrong way round with the finishing position personally, we were 2nd at christmas and fell away quite spectacularly. There were plenty who could see that a finish around 10th was on the cards because of how we were playing and the results we were getting, but some people were insistent on saying 'we're only x points off 4th', ignoring the fact that we were moving down the table and showing absolutely no signs of catching those points up. Benitez would most definitely not be treated the same way, a poor performance and result on the opening day and the knives will be well and truly out.

Status
Not open for further replies.