New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense - if he starts winning everyone will pipe down - guy behind me in the gwladys used to nearly burst a blood vessel whenever Rooney would rock into town wearing red yet he scores against Stoke and who ends up leading the “Rooney Rooney” chants. Football fans have the emotional intelligence of 5 year olds and can very quickly change their affections for players/managers.

what he won’t have is any sort of honeymoon period so recruitment is absolutely key as this squad is bang average and any manager will struggle to do much with them. I assume if moshiri is tempting him in then he’ll be assured of some serious money to spend - he’d be an idiot to accept anything less

I wish people would be honest
And if we’re 0-2 down to Southampton at HT? Mayhem will ensue. He won’t last 5 minutes.

Unless he literally says the whole thing was an act and he can't stand the sight of them or the sound of that dirge, I think it is far more likely that his stint as Everton manager is going to make him an even bigger hero to big red than he is now.

His only chance at salivation is to proper diss them. Cause he ain’t going to win anything with this squad.

That's not how it works mate. We don't 'fully get behind' Boris just because he got elected as PM.

This is betrayal from the club, they're hanging the fans out to dry with this appointment - knowing full well that this will NEVER end happily and that we'll be the laughing stock once again.
I wouldn't go as far as that, in my opinion they think he could change people's minds and become a success with us. Ignorant fools.

If he gets the job I hope he gets a short contract because I'd be surprised if he lasts a season.

I wouldn't go as far as that, in my opinion they think he could change people's minds and become a success with us. Ignorant fools.

If he gets the job I hope he gets a short contract because I'd be surprised if he lasts a season.
"Maybe Moshiri is tired of paying compensation for GOOD managers and wants one that's out of work"

*proceeds to give a Fat Sam-type manager a 3 year contract*

"Man, Moshiri must HATE paying compensation for sacking a manager!"

The man is an idiot if he goes through with this. Don't care about the billions he has, he has 0 football acumen.

First off, I don't think Benitez is a strong manager, and for that reason, I don't want him.

But going on and on complaining that he called Everton a small club is embarrassing. It's exactly the kind of behavior you'd expect from a small club. I'm far more offended by comments and attitudes from those within the club, like Moyes' "knife to a gunfight" comment. I don't agree that Everton is a small club, but give FSW's 13-year-old comments some context and the far more offensive grievance is the small club mentality that permeated the club from the top down during those years.

The lad, who does twitter, says he sees a sudden increase in people saying...nobody minded Beardsley or Sheedy etc so why the fuss.

club plants and happy clappers????
Preparing the way.
When do England play? They'll slide the news out under all that hype
This is where the club has been *clever*: dosing the prospect of Benitez to get a reaction out the way before finally doing what most fans describe as "putting us out of our misery" and finally unveiling him. Like a large fish on a hook reeled out and reeled in to tire it out.

Basically we've had our expectations managed for the best part of a fortnight. The 'reveal' will be less of a blow.

Unless he literally says the whole thing was an act and he can't stand the sight of them or the sound of that dirge, I think it is far more likely that his stint as Everton manager is going to make him an even bigger hero to big red than he is now.

When will he say that though, after he manages us?

Status
Not open for further replies.