New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre is 63 and hasn't achieved anymore than Potter in the game. He has pretty much been sacked from every club. He has 1 good season and then it all goes down the toilet for him until he's relieved of his duties.

I predict he won't achieve anymore than Hodgson at Palace.
Is there a manager who hasn't been pretty much sacked from every job he's had?

Do the maths Matty. Who else are we going to appoint?

Nuno - interviewed and we decided to swerve due to his demands
Favre - Gone to CP
Conte - Never in a million years
Martinez - Will take Belgium to WC next year
Loew - Been international manager for about 17 years - would never be able to transition to club football in the PL
Gattuso - Too inexperienced and volatile (big risk)
Fonseca - Nope. Not interested in coming to UK due to tax implications
Galtier - Gone to Nice
Howe - Too much of a risk for the board
Potter - contracted to Brighton - following the Sliva incident we have probably been warned off approaches to in-contract managers in the PL
Rangnick - Never on the boards radar
Ferguson - Too inexperienced (big risk)

So who does that leave?

Benitez

Other managers do exist. In fact any of those above are preferable as well.

There are hundreds of appointments out there which would not be so overtly divisive.

The idea that these managers listed are more risky than Benitez is something I don't quite understand.

I can only think that Moshiri has read Bellamy's book and likes Rafael's way of doing things. Lets be honest we could do with someone telling most of our squad the below:

View attachment 131395

Craig Bellamy's pain has brought light into my world this day.

A Benitez appointment might not do much damage to league placings but it will cause damage between the board and fans and our reputation.

Favre - Gone to CP
Loew - Been international manager for about 17 years - would never be able to transition to club football in the PL
Galtier - Gone to Nice
Potter - contracted to Brighton - following the Sliva incident we have probably been warned off approaches to in-contract managers in the PL

So who does that leave?

Benitez
I see you've noted all the other managers bad points, but not Benitez? Strange, coz he is just a mass of bad points.

Can’t be as dour as ancelotti was. As long as it’s effective and we win , I’d take 1-0. He’s going to have to perform better than any manager around at the moment to last till next summer so he’s got that motivation, plus I’m sure he’ll have many clauses for us to get rid if he doesn’t perform without a massive pay off. Even our board aren’t that daft are they?
The whole board are absolutely clueless and benitez will know that and take them for everything he can get

Favre - Gone to CP
Galtier - Gone to Nice

So who does that leave?

Benitez
Favre and Galtier are only going to Palace and Nice because our board were too damn inept at their jobs to employ them first??
Lille wanted 10mil Euros compensation for which Nice are reportedly only paying 2-3mil. We could've offered more.

We apparently interviewed Rangnick, would've been a far better option than Benitez.

It's not a case of all the good ones weren't available. They WERE available.

Moshiri is just a sh*thouse.

Favre and Galtier are only going to Palace and Nice because our board were too damn inept at their jobs to employ them first??
Lille wanted 10mil Euros compensation for which Nice are reportedly only paying 2-3mil. We could've offered more.

We apparently interviewed Rangnick, would've been a far better option than Benitez.

Moshiri is just a sh*thouse.
How did all these meetings go? Presume you was there?

Moshiri is just a shithouse.
I agree - but it's about the here and now. What happened earlier on in the search is now irrelevant. You have to look at whats left out there.

Can’t be as dour as ancelotti was. As long as it’s effective and we win , I’d take 1-0. He’s going to have to perform better than any manager around at the moment to last till next summer so he’s got that motivation, plus I’m sure he’ll have many clauses for us to get rid if he doesn’t perform without a massive pay off. Even our board aren’t that daft are they?

Hahaha that last sentence, I wish I believed it, but its took them 3 weeks to appoint an out of contract manager who's had like 10 meetings or something.

100% this football will be worse then under Carlo - I have no doubt about it, he plays terrible football.

Status
Not open for further replies.