New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the maths Matty. Who else are we going to appoint?

Nuno - interviewed and we decided to swerve due to his demands
Favre - Gone to CP
Conte - Never in a million years
Martinez - Will take Belgium to WC next year
Loew - Been international manager for about 17 years - would never be able to transition to club football in the PL
Gattuso - Too inexperienced and volatile (big risk)
Fonseca - Nope. Not interested in coming to UK due to tax implications
Galtier - Gone to Nice
Howe - Too much of a risk for the board
Potter - contracted to Brighton - following the Sliva incident we have probably been warned off approaches to in-contract managers in the PL
Rangnick - Never on the boards radar
Ferguson - Too inexperienced (big risk)

So who does that leave?

Benitez

I can see the reason you’re writing those off but you’re effectively saying we had a choice of twelve managers in the world . we have a Director of Football and part of the reasoning behind his appointment was to ease recruitment, be that staff or players . I can’t believe we don’t have more options available to us than a bloke who a large proportion of fans actively dislike even hate and whose last job was in China .

Favre is 63 and hasn't achieved anymore than Potter in the game. He has pretty much been sacked from every club. He has 1 good season and then it all goes down the toilet for him until he's relieved of his duties.

I predict he won't achieve anymore than Hodgson at Palace.

I wouldn't mind a bet he does better in the end. I would rather watch Favre's football then Benitez's, there is no two ways about that.

In terms of pots etc yeah that's a fair comment, however he has got plenty of clubs on the right tracks and got them into Europe and champions league. so he has out performed potter there.

On Potter too - rather have his football then Benitez's

Can’t decide if I want a bad appointment just to get it over with or drag it out on the off chance they get it ‘right’

Favre is 63 and hasn't achieved anymore than Potter in the game. He has pretty much been sacked from every club. He has 1 good season and then it all goes down the toilet for him until he's relieved of his duties.

I predict he won't achieve anymore than Hodgson at Palace.
at least they'll still be in the Premier league then

we'll struggle to be if we give the fat kopite the job

There is no right time to announce this really, they should just do it asap.

All it can be is just logistics and getting press pieces arranged to have things ready from the off.

I've thought that it could be Benitez looking for assurances on certain things, but they'll tell him whatever he wants to hear on that score, it's hardly like that will be written into his contract.

It does seem he will at least have to have some meeting with Usmanov, you can do that remotely, what difference does it make in the end?

Totally a fans prerogative that though right? He hasn't exactly set the world alight recently to give anyone a shred of hope he is going to do anything different than pragmatic low block football which will be dour to watch.
Can’t be as dour as ancelotti was. As long as it’s effective and we win , I’d take 1-0. He’s going to have to perform better than any manager around at the moment to last till next summer so he’s got that motivation, plus I’m sure he’ll have many clauses for us to get rid if he doesn’t perform without a massive pay off. Even our board aren’t that daft are they?

Do the maths Matty. Who else are we going to appoint?

Nuno - interviewed and we decided to swerve due to his demands
Favre - Gone to CP
Conte - Never in a million years
Martinez - Will take Belgium to WC next year
Loew - Been international manager for about 17 years - would never be able to transition to club football in the PL
Gattuso - Too inexperienced and volatile (big risk)
Fonseca - Nope. Not interested in coming to UK due to tax implications
Galtier - Gone to Nice
Howe - Too much of a risk for the board
Potter - contracted to Brighton - following the Sliva incident we have probably been warned off approaches to in-contract managers in the PL
Rangnick - Never on the boards radar
Ferguson - Too inexperienced (big risk)

So who does that leave?

Benitez
Dang your right. The poor board was backed into a corner. Benitez is the only football manager in the world. What else could we do?

Typed up a manuscript of drivel here

I can see the reason you’re writing those off but you’re effectively saying we had a choice of twelve managers in the world . we have a Director of Football and part of the reasoning behind his appointment was to ease recruitment, be that staff or players . I can’t believe we don’t have more options available to us than a bloke who a large proportion of fans actively dislike even hate and whose last job was in China .
We also have a couple of nutty billionaires in charge of us. That's the problem. I'm sure Brands had a nice global list that Moshiri and Usmanov went through. The result however was the list being thrown in the fire, as they didn't recognise half the names on there.

They must know, they might be incapable of running a football club, but they are not thick.

I just think it doesn't impact them, Moshiri, and certainly Usmanov are too far removed from sentiment and that's what it is.

As far as they're concerned, it's their plaything, they pay the bills, and they'll do what they like.
It would certainly appear that way if they go ahead with this.

Dang your right. The poor board was backed into a corner. Benitez is the only football manager in the world. What else could we do?

Typed up a manuscript of drivel here
Go on then Einstein enlighten me. Who would you have gone for?

From my personal point of view I would have hoped that the net had been cast wider and we would have approached managers like Gallardo

At this point I’d take the appointment of some guy who’s taken Woking from the Vanarama south to the CL final in 6 seasons on football manager ,just get it done Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.