New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would just sum it all up if the reason we haven't announced a manager and the fans have been left to stew in anger is because the bloke who isn't even the owner but for some reason insists on meeting new managers couldn't be arsed doing it here and instead summoned them to him. Genuinely had enough of them now, I just don't recognise the club anymore.

Do you think John Lewis's customers know the store managers history or even who the store manager is or care?

It is not a comparable job.

A better comparison would be a chef. If there were two restaurants in a street, one you loved and went to all the time and one you found to be vile and then one day the chef of the restaurant you linked left and instead they employed the chef from the vile restaurant would you still keep going to the same place?

But what if the Chef from the vile restaurant was actually a better Chef.....

Fully don't expect Favre to do well at Palace but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have entertained the possibility ourselves. That Palace squad is a poisoned chalice

I think you'll be surprised mate, Favre always likes working with good academies and by all accounts the Palace lot who are coming through are meant to be really good. Half the squad will be gone and there'll be plenty of money for wages, Zaha goes there'll be money to spend, just a shame for them that Eze got injured.

All one can do is hope it doesn't happen.

Feeling very alienated from the club at this stage. They must know that large parts of the fan base are venomously against this.
They must know, they might be incapable of running a football club, but they are not thick.

I just think it doesn't impact them, Moshiri, and certainly Usmanov are too far removed from sentiment and that's what it is.

As far as they're concerned, it's their plaything, they pay the bills, and they'll do what they like.

Would just sum it all up if the reason we haven't announced a manager and the fans have been left to stew in anger is because the bloke who isn't even the owner but for some reason insists on meeting new managers couldn't be arsed doing it here and instead summoned them to him. Genuinely had enough of them now, I just don't recognise the club anymore.

Surely you would just do what Koeman did though, and announce the manager and say he will hold a conference when out of quarantine?

I've made my peace with it once he becomes manager I support him because I support the club. But the line many are trotting out about stability doesn't work because it's very optimistic to think he will get two/three years, unless we are in the fight for Europe/winning a cup, I doubt he would get that long especially given most fans don't want him. One bad run and....

Plus it's another sign of how short term the boards thinking is with Moshiri over ruling the man he brought in to direct the football side. Short team appointments mean you aren't going forward because every eighteen months you have to start again. We need to be building for the future it's the only way you compete look at Leicester.

Do you think John Lewis's customers know the store managers history or even who the store manager is or care?

It is not a comparable job.

A better comparison would be a chef. If there were two restaurants in a street, one you loved and went to all the time and one you found to be vile and then one day the chef of the restaurant you linked left and instead they employed the chef from the vile restaurant would you still keep going to the same place?
If that chef was cooking great food then yes. Maybe the food was vile at the other restaurant due to matters out of his control

Surely you would just do what Koeman did though, and announce the manager and say he will hold a conference when out of quarantine?
Yeah I think it would actually make a lot more sense to do that anyway in this case to be honest. Just do it under the radar, say it's happened but not do a big unveiling or whatever because that just won't end well. There's nothing that either he or the club can say that will pacify people so it would be better to just skip that part entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.